Dead 10.1?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I had my 10.1 in the desktop dock listening to music. It was also plugged in and charging. The cd I was listening to (Google Music Beta) ended. I left the room and came back about 20 minutes later to play something else. I pushed the power button and it didn't wake up. I tried holding the power button like I was booting it up. Still nothing. I pulled it off the dock and tried booting again. Nothing. I waited several hours and tried again, still nothing.

Anyone else experience this? There were no storms or anything which may have caused a power surge. I'm outside the window at Best Buy to return it there so the other option would be to send it to Sammy's repair center.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you were able to resolve your issue, but I experieknced something familiar. I held the power button and volume up bottom for 10 to 15 seconds and it booted right up.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Definitely try what Shaneneff suggested if you still have that Tab. I had a similar issue as well and that hard-reset worked the first time. Unfortunately it did it again and there was no recovery that time so I had to return it for another. Thankfully number 2 has not had a single issue and I love this thing.

Good luck!

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried that yesterday to no avail. Let it sit overnight and did the power/volume buttons. It came up and everything was good. Will check when I get home tonight to see if it powers on fine.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My troubles happened when I had it plugged in/charging and I powered it off while it was plugged in. Then when I went back an hour or two later it wouldn't power on at all, plugged or unplugged. I did the power button/volume button reset and it worked that first time. It's almost like there is a bug in there somewhere when it is charging and is turned off/on. I've seen other posts similar to that issue as well. Hopefully you are all set now though. ;-)

mattit34wu

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, had the tab in the desktop dock listening to music overnight, woke up to an alarm set on the tab. Turned off the music and the alarm, the screen timed out - left for work (with tab resting in the desktop dock). Return home 11 hours later, and the screen won't turn on.
Have tried holding down power button and the volume button, but nothing...no response at all from the tab.

Tab was purchased from BB on the national launch date; also had the TW update about 3 or 4 days after it was nationally available to download...haven't had any problems like before .....:-\

mattit34wu

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Update!!! After trying and trying (pressing the power button - an hour later)... the Tab restarted, looks and acts like nothing was wrong.... like a horror movie...it was dead but it's now alive ...:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084