HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**

HKing88

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1
Hey Guys I wanted to post this because I know you will all be excited to here that you can get the HDMI connector from Verizon currently it is not in any of the stores but I went in the other day to check what they had and one of the techs there said "let me check my system". After a few minutes of standing around he read to me what they had in the warehouse. And it all was the same old stuff but then he said it we have the HDMI hook up in stock.

He said they have about 750 in the warehouse so I recommend getting them before they send them to stores you just ask to have it sent to your house and the good news is I don't even have Verizon anymore I just gave them my home address and it will be here on on the 8/17/11

Let me know if this was helpful you can also find me on twitter

@HKing88 & @Droidcotic

Reactions: DAS

jared1333

May 25, 2010
Visit site
@doogan123 yes this would allow you to use the tab on your TV. i just ordered mine from samsung directly. they finally had it back in stock. They never emailed me that it was available, but i check back every few days to see if its available. Sure enough, last night they had it available so I order it. its on its way. N.O.V.A 2 on my 46" Samsung LED is going to be amazing :)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Can one of you post your experience with it when you get it? Basically, does it work right...

...Sent from my Tab

HKing88

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It is very cool the things that are important to know is that you need to hook it to the power then the hdmi and then to the tablet for it to start correctly. Like all other hdmi out settings on all tablets it does cut of the bottom and top of the screen by half an inch of view. to as for Netflix yes it does play Netflix very well. I am playing the Glades right now wall I type this up on my Cr-48. Netflix comes in nice and sharp.

Everything plays smooth this is a must have for any 10.1 owner I will follow this post up with some screen photos of the hook up so you all can see.

Please let me know if you have any other questions you can post here or PM me

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize you would have to use the A/C adapter (USB) along with the HD adapter. That kind of sucks... but not a total deal breaker. Just more cables to make sure you have along with you.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
How much is it? I was just on the Samsung site to buy the book cover case. I figure I'll get both and save in shipping. You guys no anyone that want to get a Belkin folio case for cheap?

Sent from my awesome HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro

HKing88

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How much is it? I was just on the Samsung site to buy the book cover case. I figure I'll get both and save in shipping. You guys no anyone that want to get a Belkin folio case for cheap?

Sent from my awesome HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro

Its 40 bucks from Verizon you may want to hold off on the case they have a bad@$$ one with the built in keyboard a bit pricy but worth it in my case

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

HKing88

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed this was the big bummer because I thought Icould just have the hook up and be good to go no matter where I am but it makes sence since the tab wont charge your phone or run bigger hard drives using the usb port hook up not enough power but then again how can little phones by moto just use a hdmi mini and work... Tisk tisk samsung but none the less It works and I will be using it for lots of movies so I guess I will need the juice

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed this was the big bummer because I thought Icould just have the hook up and be good to go no matter where I am but it makes sence since the tab wont charge your phone or run bigger hard drives using the usb port hook up not enough power but then again how can little phones by moto just use a hdmi mini and work... Tisk tisk samsung but none the less It works and I will be using it for lots of movies so I guess I will need the juice

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

If there was an HDMI port then you wouldn't need to charge... But since it goes through the USB port, it is a different type of connection, and requires power to trigger the HDMI out to work

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from AftermarketCellular.com and with shipping was $36.90. It is still on backorder until first week of September.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1
Hey Guys I wanted to post this because I know you will all be excited to here that you can get the HDMI connector from Verizon currently it is not in any of the stores but I went in the other day to check what they had and one of the techs there said "let me check my system". After a few minutes of standing around he read to me what they had in the warehouse. And it all was the same old stuff but then he said it we have the HDMI hook up in stock.

He said they have about 750 in the warehouse so I recommend getting them before they send them to stores you just ask to have it sent to your house and the good news is I don't even have Verizon anymore I just gave them my home address and it will be here on on the 8/17/11

Let me know if this was helpful you can also find me on twitter

@HKing88 & @Droidcotic

The HDMI cable for the 10.1 on verizon's site looks like a regular HDMI cable. Makes nos sense to me, how would it work with the 30 pin connector?

Set Your Location