Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**

HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Hey Guys I wanted to post this because I know you will all be excited to here that you can get the HDMI connector from Verizon currently it is not in any of the stores but I went in the other day to check what they had and one of the techs there said "let me check my system". After a few minutes of standing around he read to me what they had in the warehouse. And it all was the same old stuff but then he said it we have the HDMI hook up in stock.

He said they have about 750 in the warehouse so I recommend getting them before they send them to stores you just ask to have it sent to your house and the good news is I don't even have Verizon anymore I just gave them my home address and it will be here on on the 8/17/11

Let me know if this was helpful you can also find me on twitter

@HKing88 & @Droidcotic
    Thanked by:
    DAS 

Default Re: HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**

will this allow netflix from the tab to be displayed on a tv?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

@doogan123 yes this would allow you to use the tab on your TV. i just ordered mine from samsung directly. they finally had it back in stock. They never emailed me that it was available, but i check back every few days to see if its available. Sure enough, last night they had it available so I order it. its on its way. N.O.V.A 2 on my 46" Samsung LED is going to be amazing

Can one of you post your experience with it when you get it? Basically, does it work right...

...Sent from my Tab
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

It is very cool the things that are important to know is that you need to hook it to the power then the hdmi and then to the tablet for it to start correctly. Like all other hdmi out settings on all tablets it does cut of the bottom and top of the screen by half an inch of view. to as for Netflix yes it does play Netflix very well. I am playing the Glades right now wall I type this up on my Cr-48. Netflix comes in nice and sharp.

Everything plays smooth this is a must have for any 10.1 owner I will follow this post up with some screen photos of the hook up so you all can see.

Please let me know if you have any other questions you can post here or PM me
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Here are the photos

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**-uploadfromtaptalk1313622120060.jpg   HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**-uploadfromtaptalk1313622163589.jpg   HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1 **IN STOCK**-uploadfromtaptalk1313622309909.jpg  

I didn't realize you would have to use the A/C adapter (USB) along with the HD adapter. That kind of sucks... but not a total deal breaker. Just more cables to make sure you have along with you.

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7

How much is it? I was just on the Samsung site to buy the book cover case. I figure I'll get both and save in shipping. You guys no anyone that want to get a Belkin folio case for cheap?

Sent from my awesome HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaEXfactoR View Post
    How much is it? I was just on the Samsung site to buy the book cover case. I figure I'll get both and save in shipping. You guys no anyone that want to get a Belkin folio case for cheap?

Sent from my awesome HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Pro
    Its 40 bucks from Verizon you may want to hold off on the case they have a bad@$$ one with the built in keyboard a bit pricy but worth it in my case

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Agreed this was the big bummer because I thought Icould just have the hook up and be good to go no matter where I am but it makes sence since the tab wont charge your phone or run bigger hard drives using the usb port hook up not enough power but then again how can little phones by moto just use a hdmi mini and work... Tisk tisk samsung but none the less It works and I will be using it for lots of movies so I guess I will need the juice

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by HKing88 View Post
    Agreed this was the big bummer because I thought Icould just have the hook up and be good to go no matter where I am but it makes sence since the tab wont charge your phone or run bigger hard drives using the usb port hook up not enough power but then again how can little phones by moto just use a hdmi mini and work... Tisk tisk samsung but none the less It works and I will be using it for lots of movies so I guess I will need the juice

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    If there was an HDMI port then you wouldn't need to charge... But since it goes through the USB port, it is a different type of connection, and requires power to trigger the HDMI out to work
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

I ordered from AftermarketCellular.com and with shipping was $36.90. It is still on backorder until first week of September.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Here are the photos
    @HKing88 -- I see in your photo the bottom navigation bar is displayed on both the tablet and TV. Is there a way to play the video in "full screen" so the navigation bar is hidden?

Thanks!

HDMI Connector for Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Hey Guys I wanted to post this because I know you will all be excited to here that you can get the HDMI connector from Verizon currently it is not in any of the stores but I went in the other day to check what they had and one of the techs there said "let me check my system". After a few minutes of standing around he read to me what they had in the warehouse. And it all was the same old stuff but then he said it we have the HDMI hook up in stock.

He said they have about 750 in the warehouse so I recommend getting them before they send them to stores you just ask to have it sent to your house and the good news is I don't even have Verizon anymore I just gave them my home address and it will be here on on the 8/17/11

Let me know if this was helpful you can also find me on twitter

@HKing88 & @Droidcotic
    The HDMI cable for the 10.1 on verizon's site looks like a regular HDMI cable. Makes nos sense to me, how would it work with the 30 pin connector?

Set Your Location