Samsung Keyboard Dock

junkyard69

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Bought the Samsung Keyboard Dock today. Works great. Now i can type at normal speeds again. It also has a few nice quick buttons for Home, Back, Internet, Mail, Lock, brightness, volume, music controls, etc. So far so good.

Lostboy1457

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Just bought it from Best Buy this past Weddesday and also feel it's greta. However, I'm returning it once the one I ordered from Amazon comes in. I really can't justify keeping it at the price of $79.99 + tax when Amazon has it for $47.99 and no tax and free shipping. I mean...a price difference of over $36 is too much to ignore. Best Buy has good prices on certain things while they price other stuff extremely high.

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Can you please help me out? I have the keyboard dock and it crashes the email app whenever I compose a message. It will do it after you capitalize a letter. I have exchanged the keyboard and the tab. It only does this on the touchwiz update. Could you please test yours and see if this is a known issue. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just bought it from Best Buy this past Weddesday and also feel it's greta. However, I'm returning it once the one I ordered from Amazon comes in. I really can't justify keeping it at the price of $79.99 + tax when Amazon has it for $47.99 and no tax and free shipping. I mean...a price difference of over $36 is too much to ignore. Best Buy has good prices on certain things while they price other stuff extremely high.

Do you have the link? I keep seeing them for around 74 on Amazon.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock email app. It does it with the aol or gmail account. It was something samsung did to the email app. The gmail app is fine.

jgoracle

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm crashing too. Only after this second TW update (so-to-speak) and I've only noticed it in the stock (non-Gmail) email app. I've not noticed it's related to any capitalization, but it certainly could be.

So if I want to send an email (right now), I de-dock the kb and use the soft kb, then redock. GRRRrrrrr.

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay, maybe I'm not crazy after all. As another workaround it seems as though it works if you change the softkeyboard when the dock is still attached. You don't need to dock and un dock. But when you do un dock and re dock the soft keyboard will change back to samsungs. I can't believe they could screw these things up so bad. I got rid of my epic because I was tired of samsungs failed software. I should have learned my lesson.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

That is for the 7 inch Galaxy Tab. You could always get the Motorola Xoom bluetooth keyboard for $47: Amazon.com: Motorola Wireless Keyboard for Motorola ATRIX and XOOM (Motorola Retail Packaging): Electronics and it will work. Most importantly it will have all the Honeycomb shortcut keys as well and if you have a case on your Tab with a stand, you won't have to take it out of the case to use it.

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you on the touchwiz update? I don't know what to do with this problem, we have exchanged the keyboard and the tab and have done many hard resets.

fbcregan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my keyboard dock today. This thing is awesome. I just wish I could reprogram the "mail" button to be for Gmail. Otherwise, I love it.

One unimportant questions. Why is it so heavy?