Can you read books in portrait mode on the galaxy tab 10.1?

vrtualchik

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to find the answer to this question but haven't had any luck. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me.
Before I purchase the galaxy tab I wanted to be sure I was able to read books in portrait mode and if so does the page fit the entire screen or will

I need to zoom to read the page? Or is there a way to make the font bigger in portrait mode? I prefer reading in portrait mode and someone who reviewed the galaxy tab on another site made a comment about it only being available in landscape mode and it being much smalled than the IPad 2's font.

If someone could please help me out with an answer here I'd really appreciate it as this is the only thing holding me back from my purchase.

Thanks so much

joeym2

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I read your post, grabbed my Tab 10.1, opened google books and verified that it doeswork in full page portrait mode. :)

vrtualchik

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for actualy checking that out for me. It was the one thing I needed to be sure of since it will be taking the place on my kindle. I appreciate your quick response. : )

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
FYI -- I use Kindle on my Tab and it also allows for portrait reading. In fact, that's the way I do it!

Alik R

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
just make sure your screen orientation is set to auto, once in a portrait mode rotate tablet, so your volume buttons are on top right, then uncheck screen orientation to leave your tab in the portrait mode. in your kindle app settings you can check "use volume buttons to turn pages" and if you don't want to touch the screen for it, use them :)

just FYI, kindle app has its own settings for brightness, it work independently from the tab setting, i found it very useful. :)

kisrita

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I also use it in portrait mode with the Kindle ebook reader application. It takes some getting used to, since it's so much bigger and heavier than the Kindle 3G, plus the backlit screen limits how long I can read on it comfortably, and of course the battery will last a lot longer on the Kindle device, so I still take the Kindle as well as the tab when I travel internationally. The Kindles are so small and so inexpensive, you can buy both and have the best of both worlds.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If you have a kindle account already, I recommend using the kindle app. The Google Books app is nicer and a slightly cooler reading experience but Kindle books are always cheaper.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Tip: For scanned Google books, you can switch from "text" to "scan" mode to see the actual scanned pages. Gives it a more authentic look.

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine mainly to replace my Kindle. Now I have the Kindle, and Nook in 1 device. Now if only Sony would make an app for their reader...

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Why do you newd so many readers.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I had the original Sony PRS-500, and then the 505 so I bought a lot of books from Sony. Then I bought a Kindle so now I get my books from there. I have a friend with a Nook, and she can share books with me on that.
I don't need them, but it's nice to have options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool