Help can't search forums using my galaxy tab.

vrtualchik

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just recieved my galaxy tab 10.1 and was trying to search the forums on here and another android forum, just as I would using my laptop computer, but every time the search box popped up and I tapped it to bring up the key board on the galaxy tab the keyboard would immediately disappear as I attempted to type.

I tried numerous times and this same thing happened again and again. Has this happened to anyone else or am I doing something wrong?

I really hope there is a way around this and that it is not something that is just unavailable using the galaxy tab. Cause this seems like a function that should be available to use.

I'd appreciate any help someone can give me with this.

Thanks

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This functionality disappeared for me after updating to TW, and the only workaround I have found is clicking on "Advanced" when the search window pops up. Not ideal, but gets the job done

vrtualchik

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I have TW on my galaxy tab as I just got it yesterday and I didn't do any update myself. Would it have come with the update already on it?
I don't even know what TW is.

But thank you for replying and for pointing out the option of using the advanced search.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I have TW on my galaxy tab as I just got it yesterday and I didn't do any update myself. Would it have come with the update already on it?
I don't even know what TW is.

But thank you for replying and for pointing out the option of using the advanced search.

TW, or TouchWiz, is the overlay (a.k.a. "theme" or "skin") that Samsung puts on their devices on top of Android itself.

I'm not sure if tabs manufactured more recently are shipping with the update pre-installed or not, but I know that for a while after the over-the-air update was first rolled out, it would still have to be applied after purchase because they were manufactured before the update was distributed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34