Why won't my Galaxy Tab charge through my computer?

David Burrows2

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
From my experience I have notices ALL android phones (that I have used anyway, samsung and motorola.) will not charge from a USB connected to a computer if the battery is dead. I must be charged with a wall or car charger or have >5% battery life.

Amy O1

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why won't my galaxy tab charge through my computer?

my tablet is currently doing the exact same thing as yours but ive charged it all day for like six hours and all day yesterday and nothings working, ive changed chargers and now its plugged into the computer and it wont turn on? my iphone charger doesnt fit in my tablet one so i cant try a different charger other than the one ive got so im really confused?
I had the same problem, the battery had discharged to zero and the tablet would not turn on. I plugged it into the charger which I usually used.
The tablet would show the charging battery icon on the screen with a round icon then it would show the battery which would show 2 gold charge bars
then the screen would go dead and all would be repeated. When I plugged it into my PC I would get the ding dong as it was first recognised then the ding dong
again as if it was being removed. The wall chargers I was using were for HTC phones and rated as .5 amps output.

I solved the problem in the end when I plugged it into an apple iphone charger. I believe the original Samsung charger is rated at 2.1amps. I guess the
apple charger must be rated 2amps or so (The text is so small I can't read it??!!).

It seems that if the battery charge is too low the tablet can't negotiate the input from a lower power charger. Best bet is to never let the battery
charge go lower than 15% then although it will take longer the lower power chargers will work.

Yunho Jung

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

Thank you very much, now I know whats wrong. I tried bunch of stuff by messing with developer options and so. Stupid Galaxy.

sjpep78

May 12, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem with my Tab Pro 8.4. I bought a 6 ft/2 m usb extesion coord so I can plug in my tablet while using it while it is plugged in to the samsung plug, the first website I post below is something similar. I also noticed the problem on my Tab Pro connected to my computer while traveling out of the country. The second following website explains the difference in the plug and computer USB port. It does charge the Tab Pro while plugged into the computer, just a bit slower. You can used the tab while plugged in, but not entirely sure if it drains the battery or just maintains the level. I hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Extension-Cab...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3647867

My Tab Won't Charge While Connected To The PC : Wi-Fi Tabs | Samsung

buythismobile

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Hello,

So for old galazy tabs we must switch them off to be able to charge with computer USB but

what about newest galazy tabs, is the problem still the same ?

Thank you.

Fariya Faheem

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I also had the same problem, i plgeed the charger from the laptop and turned it off. the icon appeared but after like 2 mins my sis turned it on and it had only 6 percent battery although when i had turned it off it had abt 10 percent? why is that ?

Ahmed El Shafie

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Just use a smaller USB link, i.e., the link connecting the Tablet with the PC or Laptop (buy a smaller link than the one that comes with the Tablet), and it will work properly.

Nasir Mehmood3

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody
As i experienced with my galaxy tab 3 i used few days charging through my pc via usb cable it was working fine but after somedays
it displayed an cross over battery icon i thought it will not charge my tab. But i experienced u will keep it connected through usb with your pc it will charge the tablet even cross icon is displayed over battery.

Syed Hussain 45

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I also had the same problem, i plgeed the charger from the laptop and turned it off. the icon appeared but after like 2 mins my sis turned it on and it had only 6 percent battery although when i had turned it off it had abt 10 percent? why is that ?

Simple is that Fariya ^.^
you don't know how to operate :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel Luchavez

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

It is OFF already but it didn't work... It is OFF because it is very low bat, and then I chaged it in our computer but it didn't work.. :( :(

Transigence

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a powered USB hub that supplies 2 amps to all 7 ports (with a full 70-watt power bus), and it won't charge from it (or at least it says it doesn't). It's not about the power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers