Oil Mark (bubble on screen)

ToyMan

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I was speaking to a Verizon Supervisor who informed me today that they have extended the warranty period for people who are having problems with the infamous Oil Mark on their 10.1 GT according to that person the tech bullitin now reflects the problem and people now have an unlimited amount of time to bring it in for a new tablet instead of the 14 day Verizon time period!
ToyMan

joeym2

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I have heard from other users that best buy will exchange it if purchased there. I dont know what the time limit is for this. I'm sure Samsung would also if dealing directly with them.

joeym2

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
If this is an issue with yours, take it into the Verizon store and they will give you a brand new one. Normally after 14 days you get a "certified like new" shipped to you. This is an issue they are making an exception for. You shouldn't have a problem with them if it was purchased through Verizon.

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Update. They not only replaced it, but they didn't have any 16gb models in stock, so they replaced it with a 32gb model. Christmas in September!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I can see it, sometimes i cant. Definitely does not affect any viewing at all. Just can't see myself going to exchange it for this issue. To me it is so insignificant,, only can see it sometimes when the screen is off, I just don't care I guess.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an "oil mark" on my WiFi-only Tab. I was thinking it was something between the screen and screen protector, which I purchased at BB. Don't really like the protector, but better than nothing.

the oil slick is only noticeable at certain angles.

drbb917

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Ugh! All this time I thought the oil mark was me not putting the screen protector on properly. Now that I replaced the screen protector I see it is in the tab itself. This is the second tab I've had with a defect in the screen. My first one had about 5 specks of dirt or something under the glass. Verizon took it back but a month later tried to charge me a couple hundred dollars for the replacement. And now this. Not happy! Does anyone know if they're still replacing these oil marked tabs?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone give an info on the wifi version purchased from BB. I just finished making a repair ticket with samsung and they said it will take five days. Mine is a little different from the newer ones in that i've even found that the screen bezel does not have branding etc. Anyways, if best buy will exchange too, i'll just take it there instead of shipping....

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone give an info on the wifi version purchased from BB. I just finished making a repair ticket with samsung and they said it will take five days. Mine is a little different from the newer ones in that i've even found that the screen bezel does not have branding etc. Anyways, if best buy will exchange too, i'll just take it there instead of shipping....

If it's past 2 weeks bb will not replace. My first tab had the oil mark and it was 27 days after I bought that I tried to return, bb would not and I had to send it out to Samsung. They replaced the screen and sent it back. I sold that tablet and when I bought another a few months later it did not have the oil mark. It was samsung who blocked bb from exchanging it for me, bb had a new one on the counter and I was almost out the door but it would not go threw.

Galaxy tab 10.1

EW800#AC

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the "oil" issue on my wifi-only Tab. I called Samsung yesterday and they immediately sent me a UPS shipping label to return it to them (which I mailed yesterday). The Samsung rep mentioned on the phone to me that it was likely that the Tab would not be repaired and that I would be sent a new one.

I was just wondering what others have experienced from Samsung. Did they ship the same Tab back to you or was it a replacement?

Thanks!

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have been dealing with this thinking it was air between my screen protector and screen. I haven't taken the screen protector off to check, because I don't really want to pay for a new one. I can probably continue to deal with this, but I am curious about raising the issue...
If you do get Samsung to replace the tablet, do you lose everything, or do they flash all of your apps and data over? Just curious. Thanks.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I sent my first one in because of oil spot i did a factory reset just because I did not want my information being looked at by anyone. When I got it back I just signed into my account and all the apps/pics /contact's /everything just was back in about 15 mins. Then when I got rid of it and got a new one a few months later same thing /signed in and everything was magically there in mins.
EVO-LUTION 3D

Dks2k2

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Oil spot appeared on my Amazon 32g tablet and they sent me a brand new one and told me to send the old one back in the box. Had plenty of time to copy stuff over and a friend learned how to use one on the oil spot tab before I sent it back so now she bought one. Amazon gets 5 stars from me for warranty issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy