Blue Screen Edge on Galaxy Tab 10.1

AquarianBoricua

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi I just got the GT 10.1 (WIFI only) and noticed that while in Gmail (viewing all mail) or adding new Contact in the Contact app/widget and I scroll up to the very top or scroll down to the very bottom a blue edge is displayed. It is somewhat in the middle of the screen top or bottom depending on how I'm scrolling. Is this normal? Is this an indication that I can't scroll any more. I called Samsung and they wanted me to send it in; I rather replace it since I still have time to return it. I went to a Verizon store and noticed their model did the same thing.

Is this happening to your GT? Do I need to upgrade to 3.2 since it has 3.1?

Thanks for your input.

mhalladay

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi I just got the GT 10.1 (WIFI only) and noticed that while in Gmail (viewing all mail) or adding new Contact in the Contact app/widget and I scroll up to the very top or scroll down to the very bottom a blue edge is displayed. It is somewhat in the middle of the screen top or bottom depending on how I'm scrolling. Is this normal? Is this an indication that I can't scroll any more. I called Samsung and they wanted me to send it in; I rather replace it since I still have time to return it. I went to a Verizon store and noticed their model did the same thing.

Is this happening to your GT? Do I need to upgrade to 3.2 since it has 3.1?

Thanks for your input.
I have noted the same thing (wifi model from Amazon, delivered first day of retail availability), and I believe it's actually a feature that indicates you've reached the limit of scrolling. Better than thinking that the Tab is frozen, and I like the visual effect. The effect is especially noticeable in apps like Pulse, when reading news items.

Last edited:
Reactions: AquarianBoricua

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch