Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Can this tablet print to a Mobile Bluetooth Printer?

    My boss wants to get tablets for the office to handle tasks on the go (we have a small office). We are thinking about getting 6 tablets but before we make any moves I am trying to do some research.

    Most of my work is me driving around and sometimes I would need to print contracts on the go. Could I print from the tablet to a mobile printer in my car? Either through direct connections or possibly bluetooth?

    I know that generally phones and tablets need to print over wifi but I cant find a solid answer as to whether or not a bluetooth printer would work.

    If we cant print on the go without wifi then we may have to get netbooks (lame).

    If this tablet doesn't print via bluetooth but you think another one may be able to then please advise me of that and I will do some follow up research.
    Galaxy Nexus S3
  2. #2  

    Default

    There's an app called PrinterShare that will allow you to print to Bluetooth and WiFi printers.
    I can't say how well it works with Bluetooth printers, because I don't own one.
    I do own a WiFi printer. I enabled WiFi tethering on my mobile device, connected the WiFi printer and tablet to the WiFi signal from my phone, and was able to print from my tablet.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Can this tablet print to a Mobile Bluetooth Printer?

    Thank you so much for the reply, I am going to look into that app.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Can this tablet print to a Mobile Bluetooth Printer?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    There's an app called PrinterShare that will allow you to print to Bluetooth and WiFi printers.
    I can't say how well it works with Bluetooth printers, because I don't own one.
    I do own a WiFi printer. I enabled WiFi tethering on my mobile device, connected the WiFi printer and tablet to the WiFi signal from my phone, and was able to print from my tablet.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    I have printershare but cannot find a way to printt from a browser. Is there a way to do this?



    THX
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrytest View Post
    I have printershare but cannot find a way to printt from a browser. Is there a way to do this?


    THX


    Use the Share This Page feature in the browser, then select PrinterShare as an option.


    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Can this tablet print to a Mobile Bluetooth Printer?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Use the Share This Page feature in the browser, then select PrinterShare as an option.


    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    THX, being able to print browser pages for me is necessary for somethings

Posting Permissions