1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SuperClean

Default Help:tablet is password locked!

i rooted my moms galaxy tab 10.1. and was going to install the starburst rom from xda. after installed busy box i got the infamous pixalated rainbow screen so i re verted back to stock using the .md5 3.1 honeycomb stock file and i was getting FC's so i ran it again and now the tab keeps asking me to inter a password! i have never had a password on this tablet. i flashed several roms using odin, even the offical 3.1 touchwiz ux rom .md5 and it still reboots fine and asked for a password. i have tired every password i know. if any one could please help me. i am so freaked out!

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Help:tablet is password locked!

Since you rooted in assuming that a custom recovery is still installed? Or was is removed when you flashed the stock Os via Odin?

If you still have it try entering recovery and do a factory reset / wipe. Hopefully that gets it up and running.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    SuperClean

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Since you rooted in assuming that a custom recovery is still installed? Or was is removed when you flashed the stock Os via Odin?

If you still have it try entering recovery and do a factory reset / wipe. Hopefully that gets it up and running.
    thanks for the concern. i was rooted and had CWM installed and went to flash a new rom Via odin3 and now it keeps asking for a password! every time i try to factory reset it says "error mounting storage" i flashed back to stock using odin so i have stock recovery and am not rooted, it still kee[s asking for a stupide password.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

could it be baked into the ROM(s) that you flashed? check with the ROMs developer.

Quote Originally Posted by decaydance99 View Post
    i rooted my moms galaxy tab 10.1. and was going to install the starburst rom from xda. after installed busy box i got the infamous pixalated rainbow screen so i re verted back to stock using the .md5 3.1 honeycomb stock file and i was getting FC's so i ran it again and now the tab keeps asking me to inter a password! i have never had a password on this tablet. i flashed several roms using odin, even the offical 3.1 touchwiz ux rom .md5 and it still reboots fine and asked for a password. i have tired every password i know. if any one could please help me. i am so freaked out!
    Not trying to be a sm**ss. On unix OS the default user ID is admin and the password is password. It won't hurt to try it. Good luck
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    could it be baked into the ROM(s) that you flashed? check with the ROMs developer.
    That's what I'm wondering. I would go onto XDA and download the stock rom just to get back to basics.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.