09-19-2011 08:53 PM
- I was a palm pre- user for 2 1/2 yrs or so and yesterday I got the GSII and love it. Also owned a HP Touchpad that I loved for all of 13 days before HP went crazy and I returned it. So my question for everyone is.
Should I buy a Galaxy 10.1 or wait till there is something new? Like a ICS Tablet? Or will the galaxy be updated to ICS? If, i do get the galaxy 10.1 should I get the wifi only or the verizon 4g? In part of my job I do have to show website to clients so it might be a good idea. Or should I just use the hotspot feature in the GSII? Im not really sure what kinda batt. life the GSII will get while tethering. And I know I could tether for free but I don't know if I want to root.
What does eveyone think?
I know u can get the wifi only for $499, maybe less on a deal site, or get 4g tablet for $529 with 2 year contact at $30 or so a month? Hotspot for sprint is also $30 i belive.
Any help would be great Thanks09-16-2011 05:01 PM
- Keep in mind that there is always something new coming out every few months. The key is to buy something that meets your needs, whether it's a day old or 6-months old. Get what suits you now unless you are willing to wait and buy something newer.
Awith regards to wifi or lte, again, get what is in your budget and will meet your day to day uses. If having data on the go is a must, and you can afford it, then go with that. Otherwise, go with wifi. Most places, atleast office workspaces, offer wifi.
There are two new galaxy models coming soon in 8 inch forms. The best thing to do is play with the device and see if it fits your needs. Let us know what you decide09-16-2011 06:33 PM
- I went with the WiFi only version. I have the 4G WiFi hotspot plan with my Android. Since I'm grandfathered in under the unlimited data and hotspot plan, that was an easy choice. If i went with the 4G plan for the tablet from Verizon, I would be paying the same amount while only getting 2 GB of data allowance per month.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk09-16-2011 08:33 PM
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk09-17-2011 09:16 AM
- 09-17-2011 05:30 PM
- I love this tab and i would recommend it. I have the 32 gig wifi only and i run into very few places in this day and age that don't have wifi to connect to. I have the mobile hotspot activated on my evo 3d and works great. I notice that I don't even need to use it that often. I don't get why someone would need a version other than wifi only, but that's just me
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk09-17-2011 09:58 PM
- The Tab 10.1 is a great device. Like many others I use the hotspot feature on my phone to access data when I'm not connected via WiFi.
I just purchased the SGSIIE4G, but prior to that I owned the EVO 4g. The battery life on the EVO was horrific when using the hotspot, but I am happy to say that the SGSIIE4G so far has been getting excellent battery life using the hotspot feature.
Btw, Samsung will be releasing the Galaxy Note somewhere in the future and I am very much interested in that device. With that device you would have the benefit of both worlds (Tab & phone).09-19-2011 05:13 PM
- 09-19-2011 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD