dead at the age of two months

raka1212

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My tab is dead at an early age of two months. Just show low battery sign with yellow triangle and exclamation mark. Not rooted or modified in any sort. Tried to look for help online but can't find anything. Left on charger overnight, tried power plus volume down and up combo still no sign of life. Go back to Sammy for warranty repair.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My mother in law just brought hers over. Completely dead. Doesn't show anything when I plug it in. Tried different charger to the same result.

raka1212

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I had chat with Samsung and they suggested to leave the tablet on charger atleast four hours if it doesnot turn on or does not show any sign of life after fully drained battery. I left tablet on charging overnight but no luck on first night but then charging overnight on second night, it came back to life in the morning. The tricky part was that you will not see any indication on screen that it is charging or not. This seems to a scary bug in the tablet and samsung need to fix it. Lesson learned-donot fully drained the battery.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Isn't there a warning when the tablet is low on battery saying not to let the tablet fully drain? I've only let mine get to low levels once and I thought it said something to that effect.

jadiff

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen to mine also. You would think having it plugged in would allow you to start the thing (even if it is fully drained), but that is not the case. Leave it plugged in for some time then hold down the power button.

raka1212

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
There is really no obvious warning sign for low low battery. You just have to keep your eye on low battery sign. I hope Samsung will include some sort of big warning sign for very low battery in future updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non