Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default Syncing with a Mac

I'm looking to get the Tab 10.1 ans was wondering if there is a program to sync all my pictures from my Mac to the Galaxy Tab ?

Default Re: Syncing with a Mac

http://www.androidcentral.com/kies-m...galaxy-tab-101

Only works with wifi version. The Verizon LTE one has an update rolling out right now to allow Mac transfers.

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Yup, Kies should be just what you need.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

No Kie's SUCKS with Mac OS Lion, it will not work right for me.
    I called Samsung today and there service tech told me not to use there Kie's.
    This is what he said to do, go to applications and select development and check the Debug box and the last box and leave the middle one unchecked at all times, then shut down your tab and turn it back on. If that does not work then uncheck all three and then shut down and restart the tab, he said it was important to shut it down every time you make a change like this and also this method is for your Mac to see the MTP USB and mount the devise. When I get off work in a few hours I'll try iy out my self, I hope I maid sense here ?

I use File Expert and load all my files (mostly 1.5GB movies) on my wireless network via a standard browser. Slightly less fast than Kies because I'm not hard wired - but many, many times easier. I just enable file sharing on the tab then go to my browser - enter the URL and user/pass - then load the files to where ever you want on the tab. Super simple.

Global Posts
    3,906 Global Posts
    Carrier
    unNamed v2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaylor View Post
    Take a look at SyncMate Expert - it allows syncing images between Mac and Android 3 devices. Moreover, you can mount Android 3 as a Mac disk via USB with SyncMate and manage Android 3 content on Mac.
    That looks like a great piece of software. Thanks for sharing.

Damn, that's an expensive application. I'm not paying $39 to be able to mount my Tab to my Mac.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
    I'm looking to get the Tab 10.1 ans was wondering if there is a program to sync all my pictures from my Mac to the Galaxy Tab ?
    i use kies on my macbook air and imac running snow leopard without any issues. Will check my imac again with lion now and report back.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HD123 View Post
    i use kies on my macbook air and imac running snow leopard without any issues. Will check my imac again with lion now and report back.
    I use Lion and Kies doesn't always work, the only way to get media on the tablet for me is to go to the Import / Export feature instead of through the Library.

Quote Originally Posted by rebornr View Post
    I use File Expert and load all my files (mostly 1.5GB movies) on my wireless network via a standard browser. Slightly less fast than Kies because I'm not hard wired - but many, many times easier. I just enable file sharing on the tab then go to my browser - enter the URL and user/pass - then load the files to where ever you want on the tab. Super simple.
    +1 on this method, I installed FE and then Cyberduck (both free!) on my Mac, set up the FTP protocols, and then it was just drag and drop to whatever directory between tab and desktop I wished! A lot faster once it's set up than Kies. Kies takes about 10 minutes to fully connect to my tab for some reason.

I transferred multiple files ranging from 10mb to 1.34gb in minutes.