Copying images from Windows to Tablet

speedsie

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
A colleague is retiring soon, and as a parting gift we have, very nicely imo!, bought him a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

We want to preload it with images of his 44years with the company.

But when I drag & drop the files via the USB connection, they seem to randomly crop. Is there a default size ratio?

Is there any way around this? What widget/app would users recommend?

There is no android knowledge in the office!

We'd also like a slideshow of the photos on his homepage, but the built in gallery seems to be limited to 100 images, and again the cropping issue occurs!

Also, anyone highly recommend any apps? I've already installed his favouite radio station!

Any help gratefully accepted!!!!

Speedsie
:D

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the app QuickPic. It's faster and has more options than the official Gallery app.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you drag and drop files via usb, they will not be cropped. That is the easiest way to move files around.

I don't understand what you are using for this slideshow. If this a wallpaper, a live wallpaper, an app or a widget? Do you have the exact name of what you are using. That will help me understand the problem.

As far as regular wallpapers, Android does want specific size ratios. This is so the background scrolls correctly as you swipe through the different home screens. 1920 x 1408 is the preferred size. The top is "cropped" off when you view it in landscape mode, but when you tilt the tab to portrait mode it shows the top of the image. It does display wallpapers in a different conceptual way than you are used to, so it can be weird to use when you are just trying to drag and drop personal pictures.

speedsie

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi BSG75,

When I was dragging & dropping the files, a message came up on my PC that they files were incompatible. I assumed that is why they cropped. But, then I discovered that pressing & holding the gallery enabled the yellow box so I could resize it - problem solved!

It was the default Gallery frame that was on the home page when I first booted up the device - seems to be limited to displaying 100 images, but that's OK!

I've downloaded Quick Pic - looks good - but I'll be handing the device over in a couple of hours - so will leave any more apps/widgets to its new owner to install!

Thanks for all help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress