Tab Dead?

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Put the tab to sleep with one touch on power key. It had over half a charge when I put it up but I plugged in the power anyway. A couple hours later it won't wake up. Doesn't indicate any life. Naturally I also tried long press. Next step? Have owned it since June with no problems.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen people experience similar problems and have had success with leaving the tab plugged in to charge overnight and try again in the morning. Give it some time, hopefully it turns on :(

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShinyTop

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear :) For some odd reason this has happened to a few people and the solution appeared to b leaving it plugged in overnight and try again in the morning.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me a couple of times and the first time I was PO'ed thinking the tab died. The solution I was told was to just press and hold the power button down until it starts up. I think the first time I held it down for what seemed like forever, but in reality is was probably more like 1 or 2 minutes.

Good luck.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
There's something bugged with the way the hardware buttons communicate with the firmware/tablet bios. I really do believe it's a design flaw for so many Tabs to fall victim to this. Is it possible that they've already fixed the issue in the manufacturing process, sure. But I've encountered this problem numerous times on several tabs - some of which never came back to life.

raka1212

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me couple of weeks ago. I thought the tab is dead. Then I kept it on overnight charge. On first attempt no success but it came back to life after second overnight charging. There must be a some harware/software issue with this tab and samsung should address it asap.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
This has now happened to me twice. I wonder if it is hardware related or something with Touchwiz (it never happened before that).

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I used to have that issue off and on. Especially when charging the device.
I noticed that it seemed to happen when I plugged or unplugged the charger to the device while it is in sleep mode.
What I do now is plug the charger into the device while the screen is on, and the device is awake.
When the unit is fully charged, I wake the phone up and unlock the screen before unplugging the charger.
I've noticed that I don't have the issue when i remember to use those steps.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan