Honeycomb 3.2

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does it seem like all of the other tablets (Toshiba, Acer, Motorola, Asus) have received their Honeycomb 3.2 update and we're still stuck on 3.1?

I swore after Samsung was so poor in supporting Froyo on their Galaxy S phones that I'd never buy another Samsung Andoid device. Well, crap. I did it anyway.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me or does it seem like all of the other tablets (Toshiba, Acer, Motorola, Asus) have received their Honeycomb 3.2 update and we're still stuck on 3.1?

I swore after Samsung was so poor in supporting Froyo on their Galaxy S phones that I'd never buy another Samsung Andoid device. Well, crap. I did it anyway.

I did the exact same thing, said I'm not buying Samsung again and still bought Samsung again. I hope 3.2 addresses some of of the sluggishness in the OS and the browser. Especially the browser.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the group. After having the Fascinate I said I'd never get another Samsung and wait forever for an update. Well, here I am with the 8.9. I thought maybe it will be different though because there is no carrier (VZW in my case) to slow things down.

Did you notice how excited other tablets makers are to get the update out too? Asus was posting on Facebook and Twitter, updating the status all the time.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same club! I cannot believe, Samsung with arguably the most well known tablet line isn't updating on time. Oh and they have Touchwiz which completely slowed things down for me.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the group. After having the Fascinate I said I'd never get another Samsung and wait forever for an update. Well, here I am with the 8.9. I thought maybe it will be different though because there is no carrier (VZW in my case) to slow things down.

Did you notice how excited other tablets makers are to get the update out too? Asus was posting on Facebook and Twitter, updating the status all the time.

I have the WIFI only version so why doesn't Samsung release the new version on ttheir site for WIFI only models.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious... but why is everyone so eager for a 3.2 update? As far as I can tell, it's main draw is to allow Honeycomb to scale better for the 7" tablet size, and to allow apps to "zoom" instead of stretching to fill the screen. The "media sync from SD card" support doesn't affect us, since we don't have an SD card. Is there something I'm missing? Wouldn't you rather jump straight to ICS, which would allow for more fixes?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I won my Galaxy Tab 10.1 in a contest so I won't complain. I would never spend my own money on a Samsung product though. They are the absolute worst with updating their Android devices. And as noted above, Touch Wiz absolutely hosed the usability of my Tab too.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about the update. When it comes it comes. Love my tab. Wifi only, no lag issues here.

10.1/32 gig of fun!

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Considering how closely Google is working with Samsung for the next Nexus phone with ICS, it wouldn't surprise me if they skip 3.2 and go straight with an ICS update. Assuming we get any update at all. I'm not experiencing any lag with my 10.1, and I use Opera for my browser if the default one is cooperating, which honestly doesn't happen often. The only problem I'm having is that my shortcuts from Chrome on my PC won't sync to my tab. Other than that, I love this thing ...

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care about 3.2. I really want ICS. I am expecting better performance and less lag (sometimes it's very snappy, and sometimes there is a lag). Basically, ICS is what Google really wants tablets to be running, so that's what I want to be on. I hope Samsung is up to the task.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to see ICS running smoothly on tablets and phones to bring a unified OS.the problem, in my opinion, is that honeycomb was not released, so developers are not able to keep up with the updates when the manufacture does not deliver. :(