10.1 or 8.9

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone I'm thinking of grabbing a Tablet. My First one at that! And was wondering which one should i get? The 10.1? I had it in my hands today i loved the feel of it Not to big not to small, I can hold it perfectly with one hand. (Big Hands) Or! Should i get the 8.9 have not Held one So not sure. Or should i even get a Samsung Tablet, I know "Samsung's" Reputation of not Updating their Devices. And that is why i never picked up their phones (HTC) Last Question What is the Difference Between 8.9/10.1 Besides the Screen. Talking Hardware OS ETC :D

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I currently have both. I wish the 8.9 came out at the same time because I like the size and weight of the 8.9 better, however I am super disappointed with Touchwiz. I know on paper that it has more features than stock honeycomb, but it is slower and the browser seems to be worse. Tabs reload all the time on Touchwiz where on stock honeycomb I could have like 10-15 tabs open for a week without a refresh. Its really hard for me to recommend the Samsung Tab right now. However, hardware wise, none of the other tablets out (including iPad) even compare to the 8.9 and 10.1.

Reactions: OptimusNotPrime

Shak 930

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This really comes down to preference. Currently own the 10.1 and played with 8.9 yesterday and both are awesome but still would opt for the 10.1. You can't go wrong with either because both are so thin and light and performance should be exactly the same. If you really need the additional portability of the 8.9, then obviously go with the slightly smaller version . The best way to make your decision is to personally handle both to see which one you feel suits you.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Holding and using both id the only way to deal idea which of the two you like most. There are obvious differences in size, so you will need to decide if you like the smaller screen over the 10.1.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Mpre

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I returned my 10.1 for the 8.9 and its so much better. 8.9 is the perfect size that I feel I can take it anywhere. For the 10.1 when you hold it in portrait for reading it looks so long and awkward. With the 8.9 in portrait..its perfect.

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay Thanks everyone For the Recommendations Appreciate it. I did a little Research and i seen that the 8.9 has a SD card slot. So i might just go with that one Love the fact that i can add more storage if i want to. But We will see, ;)

Crunch140

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay Thanks everyone For the Recommendations Appreciate it. I did a little Research and i seen that the 8.9 has a SD card slot. So i might just go with that one Love the fact that i can add more storage if i want to. But We will see, ;)

The 8.9 does not have an SD card slot. You can add it via a connector attached to the 30-pin on the bottom, but nothing integrated.