Itunes movies

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question, but I have a couple itunes movies from digital copies that came with my blu ray discs and was wondering how I could get them on my tab.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a way....It's a bit tedious but let me know if your still interested as I had to do the same thing. It's the one thing I hate about owning a mac, they don't play nice with non apple equipment.

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a way....It's a bit tedious but let me know if your still interested as I had to do the same thing. It's the one thing I hate about owning a mac, they don't play nice with non apple equipment.

I'd like to know if you can share. I have like 9 movies I bought in iTunes I'd love to see on this tab.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
What worked for me was downloading a converter program off the web, some are free but I chose a paid version ($20 bucks but well worth it). Convert the movies from the current format (m4v I believe) to a format accepted by the tab (mp4) and once converted, transfer the converted movie from your hard drive onto your tab and you should be in business. Sound and picture quality are un-compromised.

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
What worked for me was downloading a converter program off the web, some are free but I chose a paid version ($20 bucks but well worth it). Convert the movies from the current format (m4v I believe) to a format accepted by the tab (mp4) and once converted, transfer the converted movie from your hard drive onto your tab and you should be in business. Sound and picture quality are un-compromised.

So I can go to the itunes folder and grab the movie file and convert it with handbrake do you think that would work.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, handbrake is one of the many converters that you can use. I will warn you, to convert the movie will take a long time. An hour or more, it may be easier just to use media hub or google movies. Store them in the cloud and watch them later.

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Please say if this worked, for you cause this one reason I have yet to get a tablet

If it does work using Handbrake then I must be doing something wrong. I've tried it using 3 movies I purchased through iTunes "The Dark Knight, Step Brothers & Get Rich or Die Trying" none worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but maybe I'm not.

Yup, handbrake is one of the many converters that you can use. I will warn you, to convert the movie will take a long time. An hour or more, it may be easier just to use media hub or google movies. Store them in the cloud and watch them later.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of doing this through iTunes which is what we want to do.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it does but I was just giving you another option in case all else failed. I have used handbrake without a problem but the name of the software I use is micsoft for mac. About 35 bucks and works without a flaw. If you dont have a mac there are plenty out there for windows, play with the formats to see which best suits your needs.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I found a really easy solution, well at least it worked for me. All I did was download samsung kies and it found every movie I have downloaded. It works pretty seemlessly. Hope this works for you guys

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeahhh...Handbrake doesn't work converting mp4's that are from iTunes. It says "No Valid Source" when I try to add it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech