HTC overlay for Galaxy Tab

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
New Galaxy Tab user. While I was in the store buying it, I es playing with an HTC phone. I like their OS overlay for their android phones, how swiping between launcher screens brings up screens for the calendar and email i.e one whole launcher screen is the email client (or a widget for it) from which you can read or send email, and another is the same for the calendar. You swipe to them the same way you swipe between other launcher screens.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality on other android devices? I'd love to be able to do this on both my Galaxy Tab and my LG phone.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There are some Sense type apps and widgets on the market, personally I got fed up with Sense on my HTC phone and replaced it with Launcher Pro. I'm new to the tab as well and still playing with it and tweaking it to my own liking.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Brownstar69. There are plenty of android-based "home launcher" apps available these days. I have the HTC Sensation & Galaxy Tab 10.1 and opted to install the Go Launcher app on both devices. It works great on both devices and allow me to customize my devices even more than Sense does. I also opted to still integrate some of the Sense features that I liked into my entire setup on my phone. Most launcher apps are free so check them out.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've go Launcher Pro on my HTC Desire and its way quicker and less buggy than Sense, not sure if I'm going to replace Touchwiz on my Tab yet as I quite like it

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several launchers, and I'm using adw now on my phone and still using the stock launcher with the galaxy tab. But the htc overlay impresses me very much and I'd like to be able to swipe between those applications.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't remember that functionality on my HTC phone.........you could achieve this on the Launcher screens by make the pages either side of the home screen the email widget & calendar widget. That's how mine is set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy