Updated market

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
So was this past 3.2 im assuming update for our pads the hope we had of getting the new android market? Ive tried several things to see if my app market would update to the latest version but have failed and dont see much on it out there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
That is part of it but i know on my xoom it had a newer version which changed the look to more like the phone i am not sure the version as my xoom is in the last leg of a 4g upgrade battle.

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering this myself. I honestly didn't notice how behind the Market was on my tab till my Nexus S got the new Market upgrade and I realized I had no good way to buy music on the Tab (apart from going to the website, of course). I wonder if we'll ever see an update of any kind? Love Samsung; could do without the needless delays.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that Samsung push out the market updates, I thought they were pushed by Google. There is info about a small update to the market but perhaps there are two different ones for phones and Tabs. I've got books and movies on my tab and on my phone but no Google Music as its US only at the moment. I remember when Google Books was released they just appeared in the market. I'm sure if you did some Googling you could find the apk file and update yourself rather than wait for the push.

I did read an article about the update that said there was no visible difference and that Google Music had appeared for the poster prior to the update.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
The one on my tab is the same version as mentioned above, this is the old version my Xoom got an updated one about two our three Weeks ago and now it is almost just like the phone version. I am guessing that we will have to be updated to that version before seeing the music piece enabled. I'll post a screen shot and version info when I get my Xoom back also I'll see if I can pull out the apk and get it to install on my tab.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So I think I was right, there are two markets one for phones and one for tabs. I downloaded the update and installed it and it looks the same as my phone however I apart from the main page its very stretched out with small text. More importantly there is no 'Staff Picks for Tablets section.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yep that's it I like the one we have now but the music would be so much easier to navigate on the tablet than the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
the article says the music tab just appears, so it will probably pop up for you sometime soon. I've got to wait until it gets released in Canada.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally found it on xda but works fine im not rooted i just installed it over my current version and to remove it i just uninstall updates. Lets see if it lets me post updates. Also my tab is on 3.2.

New market 3.3.11 - xda-developers

Thanks. This worked on my 8.9. Still a bit confused why it didn't update on it own. It pushed out to my Tbolt several days ago.

ssaslow

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. My tab has market 1.0.28. I can't see all my apps (just the main google ones and ones I paid for) and can't update apps.

Even if I go through appbrain which shows me all the apps that need updating, i don't get the update button.

Google is investigating but haven't heard back...

Every now and then it magically shows all my apps for a few minutes so I can updated it

Any solutions? Google doesn't have any...

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah im not sure why we are on the older version i found it also interesting more people were not noticing it. My question is did anyone out there automagicly get the new version?