Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    I'm so excited...It'll be a nice Christmas gift for sure. I considered the ipad 2 but felt like I get more bang for my buck w/ galaxy 10.1. Question, is the 3g worth it??? I know I'd have to buy it from verizon and honestly I'd only use the 3g like if I was out of town or something... Would love your opinions/thoughts.
  2. #2  
    Brownstar69's Avatar

    Posts
    234 Posts
    ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    I have the wifi only and don't miss the 3g, plenty of wifi hotspots around and I can tether the Tab to my phone for 3g access if required.
  3. #3  
    WAldenIV's Avatar
    MacGyver Wannabe

    Posts
    612 Posts

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    No, 3G is not worth it.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I have the 4g Tab and love it. I love having the flexibility of having 20 mbps anywhere. I could use my phone's hotspot but it's pretty much the same cost, with more downside.

    Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    Brownstar69's Avatar

    Posts
    234 Posts
    ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    If I need to use my Tab in a situation where there is no wifi, I just tether it to my HTC Desire and use it as a wifi hotspot.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    I have the 10.1 4G and I wouldn't go to WIFI only.
    However if you don't expect to move with your tab, WIFI only is fine
  7. #7  
    Brownstar69's Avatar

    Posts
    234 Posts
    ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I have the 10.1 4G and I wouldn't go to WIFI only.
    However if you don't expect to move with your tab, WIFI only is fine
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    Quote Originally Posted by loganthomas51 View Post
    I have the 4g Tab and love it. I love having the flexibility of having 20 mbps anywhere. I could use my phone's hotspot but it's pretty much the same cost, with more downside.

    Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    I have the wifi only and don't miss the 3g, plenty of wifi hotspots around and I can tether the Tab to my phone for 3g access if required.
    What a great idea. I didn't even think about that. I could easily use my evo's hotspot in a situation where I might need 3G. I hope to order mine in the next week or so. VERY excited ♥

    One other question, can I connect the same gmail address from my Evo to my tablet? Or will I have to rebuy all paid apps on another email?
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    Brownstar69's Avatar

    Posts
    234 Posts
    ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

    Default Re: My Christmas gift... is 3g worth it?

    You just add your Google account to your Tab when you first set it up and it pulls everything through. One of the things I love about it is that all my Google apps sync on every device. So I can access my email, calendar, Picasa account etc on my Tab, phone and PC's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediGoddess View Post
    What a great idea. I didn't even think about that. I could easily use my evo's hotspot in a situation where I might need 3G. I hope to order mine in the next week or so. VERY excited ♥

    One other question, can I connect the same gmail address from my Evo to my tablet? Or will I have to rebuy all paid apps on another email?

Posting Permissions