Connecting my GTab to my new Samsung TV

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

So Santa brought me a shiny new Samsung 3D LED TV and I wanted to try hooking up my GTab 10.1 to it so I could watch movies I rented in the Market. Silly me, I hoped it would be plug-n-play with the USB cord straight to the back of my TV. Although my TV recognized the connection and dubbed the source PC, and the GTab saw the USB connection and connected to the TV, no dice on any signal transfer.

So, is there a setting I am missing on either device or is it just not plug-n-play without the HDMI dock for example?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure Chuckee, but I'm going to tinker around with it tonight after having just read about Allshare. How do I enable that on the GTab? Is it fairly easy?

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I have allshare up and running and can share pictures, but the movie I downloaded from the Market (rental) does not show up in the Videos folder in allshare. Do I need to move it somehow using a file manager?

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It has to be a movie that you ripped and put on the tab. That is the only way I got it to work.

Yeah thanks, that's what I figured. I ordered the dock so I can play those rentals over the hdmi. I don't often rip movies, but Allshare comes in handy for streaming music though! ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance