Galaxy Tab - Note Taking for Student?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! As many of you know, this week marks the beginning of the spring semester for many college students, including myself. This semester, I've resolved to carry less books than normal, so I decided to use my Galaxy Tab for the purposes of note taking and reading the countless pdf's assigned by the Professors. I purchased the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for type written notes, but a few of my classes (such as Stats II and Micro Theory) involve lots of numbers and diagrams. I am about to purchase a stylus for my Tab on Amazon. My question, however, is whether anyone is in the same boat? Now I love my Tab, but I saw my buddy next to me using his iPad to take notes in class; the application even had an area that allows him to rest is palm on the screen while jotting down notes. I know that there is regrettably no equivalent for Honeycomb, but is there anything else out there that may suffice? I really want to cut down on carrying a massive five subject notebook this semester. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I love mine, you won't be sorry, check out Evernote for a note taking app, it can do a lot for you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend Evernote for note taking. I use Evernote daily to take notes in meetings....best of all it syncs with everything...Web/android/mac/windows

It's a must have IMO.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just tried everynote, and the integration with the Skitch app is awesome, almmost exactly what I need for integrating typed notes with hand drawn graphics. There is only one problem, though. I don't like how evernote groups the pictures and the text content separately. I would like to place a diagram or picture directly underneath A certain title or sentence. Evernote seems to automatically place all of my drawings on the bottom, and all of my notes on the top. Is there any way to change that, to move the pics to where Iwant them in the document? Thanks!

ef3309ct

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I am also trying to use it for class...since everything is becoming pdf based its awesome to have. For the hand written notes i recommend using touchscreen tune wich helps alot with the writing input. As for an app ive also seen the ipad one it looks great but so far i havnt found one that i liked.