Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default finally got my tab

ok great now that i have this beautiful tablet......y can't i copy and past my stuff from my mac to my tab like how i could do with my droid 3?! i need help people please help me!!!!

Default Re: finally got my tab

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette8202 View Post
    ok great now that i have this beautiful tablet......y can't i copy and past my stuff from my mac to my tab like how i could do with my droid 3?! i need help people please help me!!!!
    your question is kind of vague, what are you looking to transfer? There are a couple of basic options.

Apps:
    Dropbox - [market link]
    Box - [market link]

Accessory:
    Samsung USB Connector - Samsung - USB Connector - EPL-1PL0BEGXAR

Hope this helps...
    Droid > Droid X > Droid Incredible 2 > Droid > Galaxy Nexus
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Im sorry im trying to transfer files from my mac like my pics and music and videos. Like on my droid 3 i can just plug it in..........and copy and paste the files to put it on my fone! But with this samsung it wont even show up on my mac!

I found a program on the samsung site called kies! It works so far!

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

You should just be able to plug your Tab into your Mac and mount it as a peripheral and move the files over without using Kies.............well thats how it is on a PC, there is probably some anti Android software in iOS that prevents it working

ROM
    CM9

The problem with transferring files from a Mac to the tab is addressed here: Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB File Transfer Issues Explained

That said, if you're comfortable rooting your tab (and don't need the camera) the CM9 preview ([ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS 10.1 WiFi Preview resolves that issue.