1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Default YouTube app keeps force closing

Every time that I try to click on a video in the YouTube app to watch the app force closes. I dont recall updating any other apps since the last time I used my Tab, I've restarted the Tab, and also cleared the cache of the YouTube app but it still force closes when attempting to watch any video.

Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock | Stock | CM9

No suggestions, but you are not alone. It is happening to me as well. Looking forward to getting this resolved as YouTube is one of my 3 most used apps on my Tab.

BTW, I did take a firmware update recently and can't say for sure that I have tried youtube since, until now that is.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Twitter: @neekoadams

Default Re: YouTube app keeps force closing

Also just started happening to me tonight on my acer a100 with honeycomb. No idea what is causing it because it was working last night and now it's not. Haven't changed anything. I tried clearing app data and cache through settings and rebooting. No bueno. Anyone have any other ideas?

Must be a tablet thing. Started hapening to me today, been looking for a fix everywhere and happened onto this thread. i have removed all kind of apps and no luck, it starts to buffer then stops and i get a force close..only youtube ...will keep looking for answers and post them if i find anything

Just realized my att uverse app is doing the same thing when i try to stream a tv show. Also I CAN watch youtube from the browser, though it's useless since it doesn't prevent standby...

Yup. Same here. My brother's A100 Iconia is doing the same. Must be a YouTube problem.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Same here on a samsung tablet running honeycomb. Since this morning all youtube viewing attemts I have made force close the appication. Which is a bummer as I need it for my daughter's birthday .... If anyone finds a solution please contact (george.deme@gmail.com)

Started doing it yesterday on my thrive, my phone was working but now seems to be f/c as well. I find it strange that I couldn't find and info on Google but yahoo is full of reports.

Please all report the issue in code.google.com. There is a thread open in issue 25319!!
    Thanks.

Force close everytime on my samsung tablet but works fine on evo 3d. Correction, was working fine on evo 3d. Now not.

EVO - LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Youtube app force close everytime i open it to watch, it just buffer for a second and force close,this problem has been happening since this morning and it is not the problem of our device or a firmware update,i found that the others are having this problem too,guys if you are having this issue just send report to the developer of the youtube app,hope the developer can resolve this issue soon.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

Misery loves company it appears.

Ytube is still working on my EVO although it is rooted. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Thanks for the replies and I hope it gets fixed soon!

Quote Originally Posted by georgedeme View Post
    Please all report the issue in code.google.com. There is a thread open in issue 25319!!
    Thanks.
    Can you post a link? I can't find it.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

YouTube seems to be working again!

Issue fixed

Agree started magically working for me 2/9 in the evening. Must have been on their end.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Was having this problem and thought it was due to the firmware upgrade so I hadn't tried it since. BUt since everyone said it seems to be fixed now I tried again just now and it's working fine, so I agree it must have been a YouTube problem. Thanks!

Same here on my android. I can't even go on the internet and go actual youtube. I wish someone could figure out how to fix it though

I am having force closes on my Photon 4G, but only when I go to UPLOAD a video. I used it to do this last week with no problem, but that was before I rooted the phone and added bootstrap recovery. Today I'm on a mission to re--flash the phone, test it, then root it, test it, bootstrap, test it, etc to see what the core cause of the problem is.

I know that I've used Titanium Backup to freeze some of my bloatware apps that came on the phone (Sprint) but I am pretty sure I only froze apps that were not essential to these functions.

Only time (and a lot of hacking) will tell

Running stock Android 2.3.4

It's the latest update. Go to your settings>Manage Applications>ALL>YouTube and uninstall updates.

Fixed mine. Don't install the latest version of the app until they fix the issue.

BroBryce2009

Or use Tubemate. Not in the market. Google search "tubemate.apk download" to find it.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ditchparrot View Post
    Every time that I try to click on a video in the YouTube app to watch the app force closes. I dont recall updating any other apps since the last time I used my Tab, I've restarted the Tab, and also cleared the cache of the YouTube app but it still force closes when attempting to watch any video.

Any suggestions?
    I used to have that problem till i noticed that if i went to apps under setting and cleared cache and data it would not FC on me until i signed back into my account through the app. As soon as i signed it, it would start FC'n all the time. cleared data/signed out and it worked. good news is most of the time you don't need to be signed in.... at least for me.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

I did all that, but I think it was an issue on YouTube's end and it started working shortly after I posted the question (three months ago), as it did for others.