composition of the screen?

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Tab 10.1 screen is Corning Gorilla Glass? I would like to take off my protective cover to try and improve the sensitivity but I don't want to be more exposed to scratching. Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No matter what you will be more exposed to scratches. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. I stopped using screen protector on mine 4 months now. I figured I have a book cover type case on so screen always covered when not in use. When being used i am the only person who ever touches my screen so why do I need a protector.

Galaxy tab 10.1

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No matter what you will be more exposed to scratches. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. I stopped using screen protector on mine 4 months now. I figured I have a book cover type case on so screen always covered when not in use. When being used i am the only person who ever touches my screen so why do I need a protector.

Galaxy tab 10.1

I'm the same way, I'm super protective of my tab

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Galaxy tab 10.1

Same here...the bookcase cover is great, and I keep my tab covered when I'm not using it, so I'm not very concerned about scratches. It's not like my phone that has to ride around in my pants pocket and travel everywhere with it's screen exposed.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here...the bookcase cover is great, and I keep my tab covered when I'm not using it, so I'm not very concerned about scratches. It's not like my phone that has to ride around in my pants pocket and travel everywhere with it's screen exposed.

Exactly,, just be cautious when closing your case. I have been in a coffee shop using my tablet and if you do not pay attention you may close your case with a piece of suger on it, or a piece of salt from a French fri. I always make sure that my case is smooth and clean when I close. One little grain of suger or salt could put a scratch.

EVO-LUTION 3D

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Exactly,, just be cautious when closing your case. I have been in a coffee shop using my tablet and if you do not pay attention you may close your case with a piece of suger on it, or a piece of salt from a French fri. I always make sure that my case is smooth and clean when I close. One little grain of suger or salt could put a scratch.

EVO-LUTION 3D

A grain of sand could scratch the screen, but I don't think that salt or sugar crystals are tough enough to damage Gorrilla glass. Keys won't scratch the glass.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
A grain of sand could scratch the screen, but I don't think that salt or sugar crystals are tough enough to damage Gorrilla glass. Keys won't scratch the glass.
If it could or not was not my point,, point I was making is to be careful that nothing is on your cover when you close it. I just love when I hear stories like""I don't know where the scratch came from,, I am so careful ". I would not want to find out if salt could scratch.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc