Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Accessing attachments with standard (not gmail) email app?

Feeling stupid...I've configured the non-gmail email client app for my pop springmail acct,
    but can find no way to access attachments? Am I missing something or are attachments
    unsupported? Any suggestions for a better pop email app? Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Accessing attachments with standard (not gmail) email app?

Wow - over 100 views ... doesn't anyone else have this problem?

This confused me, too. Here's how it works on my Microsoft Exchange email, at least.

Open an email with an attachment. Below the header, above the message text, I see blue text that says "Message." To the right of that, is black text that says ""Attachment 1." Tap on the word "Attachment."
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Having the same issue. My workaround is to create a forward message, which will show the possibility to open the attachment. But just don't send it. You have to enable forward with attachments in the options menu if you haven't done so already.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I am having the same issue, and its driving me crazy. TO me it has now ryme or reason, in some emails you can see the attachment and in others you cant. PLEASE somebody solve this issue!!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicowitteman View Post
    Having the same issue. My workaround is to create a forward message, which will show the possibility to open the attachment. But just don't send it. You have to enable forward with attachments in the options menu if you haven't done so already.

I think im confused by your work around!! When do you get to being able to open the attachment??

I have the same problem on a Samsung Slide phone! I don't have a solution.

It happens with one particular sender who sends me wav file. And I did some tests : I sent myself thoses wav file (from another email) and the phone is able to see and download the wav files. There is something different between senders, I don't know... Help would be appreciated

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I have noticed that mail from Apple users seem to come with no attachments.