Okay Samsung Get with the program where is ICS?

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, I'm really fed up with Samsung. There's allot to love and I love my Tab, BUT...

I had three Fascinates (wife, daughter, mine) and updates were horrendous. i bought and returned a Nexus - too many issues and last year's hardware (although I lovee ICS). And now the Tab I bought at launch (and which was so healvily promoted as the next great thing)... nothing!

This is my last Sammy Android device until I start seeing a turnaround. BTW - I love my Droid Razr Maxx and am so glad I dropped the Nexus.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree, I'm really fed up with Samsung. There's allot to love and I love my Tab, BUT...

I had three Fascinates (wife, daughter, mine) and updates were horrendous. i bought and returned a Nexus - too many issues and last year's hardware (although I lovee ICS). And now the Tab I bought at launch (and which was so healvily promoted as the next great thing)... nothing!

This is my last Sammy Android device until I start seeing a turnaround. BTW - I love my Droid Razr Maxx and am so glad I dropped the Nexus.

The nexus is Google though. Just throwing that out there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

impulse101

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow you wasted your points on a 4:3 tablet? Rofl @ black bars and your grandfathers TV

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow you wasted your points on a 4:3 tablet? Rofl @ black bars and your grandfathers TV

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Haha its actually not that bad. I just enjoy technology. I have a touch pad too, along with a transformer and of course the Sgt 10.1. I love them all. Fav is still my sgt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
In December, Samsung promised a first-quarter Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for its Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II devices. Sammy just started sending Ice Cream Sandwich to some of its Galaxy S II phones -- a Gingerbread-flavored version of Ice Cream Sandwich, anyway -- but the company coyly reneged on its promise to push ICS to the heavily marketed Note before the end of Q1, telling customers last week that it was "proud to announce" a second-quarter ICS rollout for the device.

Samsung has given no specific time estimates for any of its other ICS-confirmed devices, including the Galaxy R, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, and various Galaxy Tab models.

swagnificent

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah no kidding 360Jeff I'm really thinking about selling mine with all of it's goodies for the Asus transformer prime. I posted a thread about it asking if I'm just being to hasty and impatient and should wait for ICS. Or it's just an overall great idea to peace on Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no kidding 360Jeff I'm really thinking about selling mine with all of it's goodies for the Asus transformer prime. I posted a thread about it asking if I'm just being to hasty and impatient and should wait for ICS. Or it's just an overall great idea to peace on Samsung.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

yep..i agree..they are beyond slow...

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Here we all are, still waiting for the ICS release. What a dirty dirty game that they release new devices with ICS and forget the early adopters. I am done with Sammy. My next Tablet will be anything but Samsung.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Over 90% of devices have not been upgraded to ICS yet. Some are just getting gingerbread.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Of what devices? We are talking about tablets. We are talking about a tablet that was shown at MWC with ICS on it. Samsung is notorious about being slow with the updates. We are already hearing about Jelly Bean and no ICS.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy tab 2 was at MWC with ICS. Are you sure the tab 1 was there?

Samsung had a lot of issues updating to ICS because of the ram requirements of touchwiz. I personally would rather go stock, but that would require me to root anyway, so it's sort of moot.

Samsung not updating in a timely fashion is nothing new. I like their hardware, so I choose them for my devices.

Early update devices are usually the ones with the bugs. Look at the transformer.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I like the hardware as well but the lack of a SD slot and the additional adapters gets pricey. I would root but I am not willing to give up features for a rooted ICS.

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just don't get not rooting the tab and installing CyanogenMod ICS. That seems like a no brainer for me, unless you use the camera. I don't Skype. I actually don't think I have used the camera since the first day that I bought my tab almost a year ago. If it wasn't for some of the roms out there I probably would have returned my tablet when I bought it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Here we all are, still waiting for the ICS release. What a dirty dirty game that they release new devices with ICS and forget the early adopters. I am done with Sammy. My next Tablet will be anything but Samsung.

Yep. Just put mine on CL. Will use those funds to get Asus prime. Its a sexy device.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get not rooting the tab and installing CyanogenMod ICS. That seems like a no brainer for me, unless you use the camera. I don't Skype. I actually don't think I have used the camera since the first day that I bought my tab almost a year ago. If it wasn't for some of the roms out there I probably would have returned my tablet when I bought it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Because some of us don't want to spend countless hours researching and keeping up to date with the latest versions. I rooted me evo and wasted at least 2-3 hours a month updating and dealing with bugs.

And some of us use the camera a lot for video chat. My tab is poitnless without it

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I sat down with a friend's HP tablet running CM9. I could only notice a few minor differences versus honeycomb 3.2. I really don't even care so much about the update anymore.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I sat down with a friend's HP tablet running CM9. I could only notice a few minor differences versus honeycomb 3.2. I really don't even care so much about the update anymore.

you're not comparing it correctly...you would have had to see how the HP tablet was with honeycomb

ICS is supposed to stop all the lag and freezing that goes on

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
We're talking about UI changes and new features though. Anyone get some hands on with the Xoom before and after? Much improved, but not worth this much complaining.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2