Okay Samsung Get with the program where is ICS?

swagnificent

May 5, 2011
Visit site
When are we getting Ics? Acer's tablets have it Asus tablets have it Even the motorola xoom has it which was one of the first android tablets. What the hell Samsung?

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just up to their old tricks again. Instead of releasing updates for current devices, they release totally new devices with ICS instead. Remember the original US Galaxy S series? Deja Vu..
Although they did say ICS was coming in the first quarter. So technically they still have a month to get it to us and not be "late"

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I just sent mine in to get my screen replaced because of the "Newton's rings" it was overall a great experience, but I asked at the end if he knew a release date and he said "it should be shipped to you in the next 7-10 business days"

I think he thought I asked him to send me an actual ice cream sandwich?

idk, but I read something about it coming out this week.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope so cause I'm tired of Samsung's crap, next tab I get is going to be ASUS unless Samsung comes out with some amazing quad core tab with a 1080p super amoled screen.

himmatsj

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
But there have been custom ports. So if all else fails, we have that to back up on.

'Else' shouldn't fail. I think Samsung must roll out the update within the next 20 days, or I foresee a lot of customers shifting to Asus for their next-gen tablets.

The thing is, it's not that Samsung doesn't have ICS ready - they do, and they showed it off at WMC! That is the sticking point - that they may be holding up the update just so they can roll out their new devices and get people to buy them and only later on upgrading their current tablets.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
But there have been custom ports. So if all else fails, we have that to back up on.

Which is great, but since none of these ports have all the features working and won't until Samsung releases drivers makes them useless for some people.

I went into this tablet knowing Samsung's track record on updates, so I can only blame myself. When I see Moto, Asus and Acer getting out an update months sooner, it's just something that I will remember when it comes time to replace.

Then again, my next tablet will be Windows so perhaps it won't matter as I wouldn't be buying a Samsung windows tablet anyhow. Hmmmmm.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Samsung is horribly slow on there updates. The Only thing that keeps me going back to them, is the quality of there products. There top notch. The way the tab looks and feels, is simply awesome. I know they will eventually push something out. Problem is, I just bought this within a month ago so its like, Ill have to deal with it for now lol. But I might end up on that Windows Tablet Bandwagon eventually when they roll out Windows 8.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
ICS launched for gs2 in Europe. They are usually slower on cdma, though, so it might be around the corner or still a ways off, but at least it's that much closer now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Back two years ago when I was released from the prison that was Blackberry for my first Android device (which I still use to this day!). ;-)

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it's official, I am going to sell my Tab 10.1 and get an ASUS. This is ridiculous. Alot of other products are getting the update and yet Samsung is shunning the Tab and GSII here in America. I've had enough.

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am feeling the same way, we have been waiting a long time for the ICS release. I don't like how they play the game with new devices it is only making the experience worse. I might be on the ASUS bandwagon too.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it's official, I am going to sell my Tab 10.1 and get an ASUS. This is ridiculous. Alot of other products are getting the update and yet Samsung is shunning the Tab and GSII here in America. I've had enough.

Asus is awesome. Don't get me wrong I love samsung, but im fed up with being an early adopter of their products then getting shinned once they release a new one. I even bought an iPad 2 cause I was fed up lol. I'm getting a prime soon though and giving away my tab to my grandpa

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
More money than sense! Just take control of your Tab, root it and install custom ROMS.

Asus is awesome. Don't get me wrong I love samsung, but im fed up with being an early adopter of their products then getting shinned once they release a new one. I even bought an iPad 2 cause I was fed up lol. I'm getting a prime soon though and giving away my tab to my grandpa

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs