1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question galaxy tab texting?!?!?

Hey so i just picked up, my galaxy tab yesterday amd this is my first tablet ever and am tryig to get the hang of things and i was wondering if there was an app that would allow me to text through wifi? And also if someone can paste a link of where i can get tips and tricks for how to use this thing that would be awesome and im lookin for cool apps and widgets to customize my homescrren. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Default Re: galaxy tab texting?!?!?

You can use Skype to send SMS, but you'll need to add credit to do so......your other option is to use a chat app such as Google Talk

Quote Originally Posted by m.vasquez009 View Post
    Hey so i just picked up, my galaxy tab yesterday amd this is my first tablet ever and am tryig to get the hang of things and i was wondering if there was an app that would allow me to text through wifi? And also if someone can paste a link of where i can get tips and tricks for how to use this thing that would be awesome and im lookin for cool apps and widgets to customize my homescrren. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ROM
    Stock

TexTab. Connects to your phone via bluetooth, lets you send texts from your Tab using your existing cellular number. I really like it.

Thanked by:

There is,text plus. Gives you a free number for texting. No bluetooth needed. Great app, using it for 6 months now. You can even makes calls with just wifi.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Google Voice works and you get a free Phone #you can forward to your cell watch video

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

If you are in the US or Canada

Quote Originally Posted by synjun View Post
    Google Voice works and you get a free Phone #you can forward to your cell watch video

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Sync SMS. Its the best, I have been usind it for about a year daily!!!! Its in the market.

I've been using either Google Voice (until my wife realized that the GV number is not covered by free m2m texts on her Verizon plan) or TexTab (running over bluetooth between my GTab and my phone). Both work great, although in slightly different ways.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I use Tablet Talk.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Hangouts! Works great!