Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Msg on Wifi only Tab

Does anyone know of an app that will allow texting on a wifi only tab using the phone number of your smartphone? My phone is on the charger in a different room but I have my wifi tab with me in a different part of the house and I would like to be able to receive and send text messages that go to the phone from my tab. Does anyone know of any software which will allow that?

Default Re: Text Msg on Wifi only Tab

Google voice should let you do it. But i have not tested it yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I looked at that, but explanation of how it works and interacts is not very clear. Can't tell for sure, but seems like once you give it your phone number it wants to take care (read - take over) of everything. I'm afraid of that screwing up everything else which works just fine. If it helps, both the phone and the tab are onthe same wifi router while I am trying to do this.

Theres an option to have it run in conjunction with your current device. Once you set that up its a backround app not the primary.

I have it running as an add on phone number to my current device.

I use Tablet Talk. Syncs with my phone via Bluetooth or WiFi to send and receive text messages.
    I usually have my phone sitting on the charger in another part of the house.
    I can send and reply to text messages using my Tablet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Tablet Talk is good. I use SyncSMS mainly cause I purchased it awhile back. Works fine with no problems. Wifi Tab
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for all the suggestions. Checking them out on a lazy Sunday afternoon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Installed Tablet Talk and it works great. Thanks for the recommendation