how to prevent the screen from turning on everytime?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
How do i prevent the screen from turning on everytime i plug in the charger, remove it, or it gets to 100%?

its very annoying to wake up in the middle of the night to a glowing screen because the stupid thing leave the screen on when it gets fully charged

thanks

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Turn it off while charging.

Seriously?!? That isnt a solution. More like an annoyance

Or charge it somewhere other than your bedroom.

Or turn it face down while charging.
Again, just an annoyance to have to remember to do that every night. Besides, I use the dock to charge sometimes.

I charge mine while it is in the "leather" sleeve. No problems. Besides, the screen does turn off after a while.
Mine ddoesn't turn off at all :(

Any way to fix this?

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an observation along the same lines that is annoying...
It seems like everytime my tablet is low on battery (and not plugged in)... The screen stays on (displaying the lock screen)... I think it might have something to do with an alert on low battery that keeps it popping on. Kind of a ridiculous outcome because if the battery is low, the screen staying on only kills it faster. Anyone else notice this?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have an observation along the same lines that is annoying...
It seems like everytime my tablet is low on battery (and not plugged in)... The screen stays on (displaying the lock screen)... I think it might have something to do with an alert on low battery that keeps it popping on. Kind of a ridiculous outcome because if the battery is low, the screen staying on only kills it faster. Anyone else notice this?

Yep. Happens to me too. I don't get it. It should try to conserve battery at that point.

Reminds me of the stupid blackberry which would turn off the phonr radio at 5% , yet you could still read emails, etc.

Wtf. It should be a phone first.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Turn It off. Why is that a annoyance? Your in bed. It only takes 20 sec to boot up when you use it next day. Oh man some people are funny.

EVO-LUTION 3D

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Turn It off. Why is that a annoyance? Your in bed. It only takes 20 sec to boot up when you use it next day. Oh man some people are funny.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Hmm. Nice jab.

I have 30mb word files loaded on that are 600 pages long. It takes 1-2 mins for that to even load up.

Plus you can't jump to a certain page with word to go and quick office.

So if I restart. I waste 5 mom's loading the file and figuring out where I last left off? Comprendo?

Everyone uses tablets for different things. Mine is to study from and video chat.

I haven't restarted my tab for over a month

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Does it stay on all night for the rest of you? Someone said it doesn't happen to them. And could be a rogue app??

If you have a video loaded on mobolayer it just leaves the screen on, unless you exit. I can't find any option to stop that behavior. As a result, I think it screws with my global screen timeout settings. Maybe that's it?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well in any case, when I do not shut it off and it is fully charged it beeps/screen lights up /but then it goes off in a few seconds. Fyi /maybe something as simple as a reboot would fix your issue. Like it or not, all devices need a reboot every now and then.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well in any case, when I do not shut it off and it is fully charged it beeps/screen lights up /but then it goes off in a few seconds. Fyi /maybe something as simple as a reboot would fix your issue. Like it or not, all devices need a reboot every now and then.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Just did restart and its still occurring. Uninstalled moboplayer ans same thing. I'm going to do a hard reset and see what happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa