1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Anyone have a favorite ICS ROM?

I've been looking at some of the nice reviews by qbking77 of Android Syndicate and was wondering if anyone here is running any of the ICS previews for the Tab 10.1?

Was looking to run one but was hoping for some feedback.

Thanks!

ROM
    Always changing...

Default Re: Anyone have a favorite ICS ROM?

CM9 FTW!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lol, I agree. There seems to be two preview Kang builds based on the work the CM9 teams are doing. Do you have a particular favorite?

ROM
    Always changing...

I personally use Patrick's Kang of CM9 over on Rootzwiki. He compiles the builds almost every night and its 100% pure CM9 goodness. It runs like a CHAMP and the only bad thing is no camera (yet).
    If customization is your thing, then go for AOKP. Team Kang builds this ROM, and its available for like 15 devices including the p4wifi (10.1 tab). Check it out over at Rootz under their new Team forum!
    Since these are both at Rootzwiki, you mind as well check the 'development' sub forum for the 10.1. It houses all the ROMs for our tab... Keep flashing until you find one that meets your wants and needs!
    Thanked by:
    LNWJ 

ROM
    Always changing...

double post, sorry!
    Last edited by JSiNeM; 04-26-2012 at 11:59 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks for the awesome post, JSiNeM! I'm hoping to check it out tonight.

This is the one to which you are referring, correct?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I finally took the plunge and rooted/ROM'd my Tab. This ROM is pretty sweet. It is still very early in the CM9 development cycle so it is very much rough around the edges.

MTP is busted and I'm not able to get ADB working properly with this build, but DropBox has been a nice workaround. I use the Tab mostly for surfing the web, so the increased speed of ICS is awesome. Chrome Beta is also much better than the stock browser.

Going to tinker with it for a few more days and see if I leave it ICS or roll back to Stock until CM9 is out of Alpha/Beta.

Thanks again!

ROM
    Always changing...

You can also checkout Pershoot's builds. He actually manages the p4wifi for CM9, so anything downloaded directly from him is bleeding edge.
    Here's where he keeps the latest builds:

PS. Sorry for the late response!

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

At present I would go with Galaxy Task 14 rather than an unfinished ICS build, its been tested to be as fast if not faster and stable as f**k. I'm on Task 10 with 14 downloaded but not yet installed and it too is an awesome ROM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JSiNeM View Post
    You can also checkout Pershoot's builds. He actually manages the p4wifi for CM9, so anything downloaded directly from him is bleeding edge.

I'm using clock work recovery v5, is it required to flash pershoots recovery? Or just the signed.zip? Thanks for the heads up.

I personally use Patrick's Kang of CM9 over on Rootzwiki. He compiles the builds almost every night and its 100% pure CM9 goodness. It runs like a CHAMP and the only bad thing is no camera (yet).
    If customization is your thing, then go for AOKP. Team Kang builds this ROM, and its available for like 15 devices including the p4wifi (10.1 tab). Check it out over at Rootz under their new Team forum!
    Since these are both at Rootzwiki, you mind as well check the 'development' sub forum for the 10.1. It houses all the ROMs for our tab... Keep flashing until you find one that meets your wants and needs!

Patrick's and Pershoot's builds should be pretty much identical, as Patrick is using the same source.

Very nice ROM...been running it for a few weeks now and it only keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I'm using clock work recovery v5, is it required to flash pershoots recovery? Or just the signed.zip? Thanks for the heads up.
    You'll want to flash latest Recovery (5.5.0.4), available here:

I'm pretty you'll get an error during install if you're running an older version.

Were is the official OTA update from Samsung? All this rooting and rom is fine for the few fanatics, but what about the average regular people who wants ICS the non void warranty way

Quote Originally Posted by rog152 View Post
    Were is the official OTA update from Samsung? All this rooting and rom is fine for the few fanatics, but what about the average regular people who wants ICS the non void warranty way
    Should not be long now. Word is that the update is already available in Canada.