Localized ICS ROM's for Galaxy Tab 10.1?

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello

Haven't been on the ***central forums since PalmOS/ Treo650.

Just bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi/3G localized to Norwegian language.

Can anyone please direct me to good and relevant treads/ posts on customized ICS ROM's?
I'm spesifically looking for an ICS ROM for my Tab - if possible in Norwegian (to make it possible for my kids to use the Tab...)

Thanks in advance.

JoranG

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your guidance.

So native languages will normally be present in the custom ROM's as well. That's good news in my eyes.

Would need some time to figure out if I should wait for a new ROM from Samsung or install one of the available ROMS. Seems like front cam is the tradeoff with the custom ROMs at the moment so I probably would hold back to see what comes form Samsung.

Thank you once more :)

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Happy to help. I recently rooted and loaded up this ROM here and have had good luck with it. No MTP access (USB to PC) or Camera... little rough around the edges but otherwise has been rock solid for me:

[ROM] [KANG] CyanogenMod 9 For the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (4/15/2012) - Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi Development - RootzWiki

I followed the excellent walkthrough by ACS and QBKing's videos here:

[ACS] [How to] Root, Clockworkmod, Flash Roms, Unroot, Tips (11 videos) 3/14/12 - xda-developers

Good luck!

Last edited:

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
MTP doesn't seem to function anyway for me. Stopped working months ago - for whatever reason :|

Thank you for pointing me to the good and understandable treads :)

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No prob, bud. I was new to this whole process and in your shoes about a month ago when I finally did a butt-load of Google'ing to find the answers. Once I did it and understood exactly what I was doing it was very easy. I'm glad I did it, I'm still using it on my Tab 10.1 today. I love Chrome's ability to sync my open pages between desktop to tab.

I had a lot of experience with Homebrew back on my old Palm webOS days, so it was nice to finally dig down into the dark side of Android. ;-)

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38