Not able to connect my Tab to PC via USB cable

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I'm no longer able to connect my GT-P7500 (10.1 WiFi/3G) to my PC via USB. Works fine with WiFi but this connection has limited features.
When I connect the USB-cable to my PC the tab states "MTP-initializing" and after a while "MTP-connected" but still not visible on my PC. PC runs W7

Have tried to uninstall/ reinstall Kies (and with it the most recent USB drivers) for no avail.
Tab still won't connect to either Kies - or as USB drive.

Searching the forum didn't get me any further understanding as Kies appears to be a Samsung software only

Anyone able to help me solve this issue? Any help appreciated

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello

I'm no longer able to connect my GT-P7500 (10.1 WiFi/3G) to my PC via USB. Works fine with WiFi but this connection has limited features.
When I connect the USB-cable to my PC the tab states "MTP-initializing" and after a while "MTP-connected" but still not visible on my PC. PC runs W7

Have tried to uninstall/ reinstall Kies (and with it the most recent USB drivers) for no avail.
Tab still won't connect to either Kies - or as USB drive.

Searching the forum didn't get me any further understanding as Kies appears to be a Samsung software only

Anyone able to help me solve this issue? Any help appreciated

Are you running the stock OS on it, or an ICS ROM?

I currently have CM9 on mine, and have noticed that this appears to be a bug.

jorang

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Stock OS.

Been posting this in a few other forums as well (norwegian) and notice that I'm not alone experiencing this. Not able to transfer any file other than through ie. Dropbox...

Probably a known problem, but it still is a major problem to me now.

Hopefully there are someone out there able to assist

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall Kies and the drivers for your Tab on your PC and then reinstall the drivers but not Kies. Kies is a pile of garbage and I have had so many connection issues because of it.

dave04045

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the stock OS on it, or an ICS ROM?

I currently have CM9 on mine, and have noticed that this appears to be a bug.

Hey there is a way to connect a CM9 GT 10.1 to your computer. You go into settings, then storage. Press the three dots in the upper right corner, and hit "USB Computer connection". Then enable MTP from there. Worked for me!

garmiblis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
My chat with Samsung:

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Zane'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5640946888X

Zane: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Jim: I am trying to connect a Galaxy Tab 10.1 to a Windows based PC. None of the forum entries give an answer to this, and it seems the only way is to go buy a 3rd party software for $40. How do I do this without 3rd party software?

Zane: I understand you want to know how to connect the device to computer, is that correct?

Jim: I want to connect via USB to a PC and transfer files like any other android device

Zane: Thank you.

Zane: I will be happy to help.

Zane: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .

Zane: I am sorry for typo,.

Jim: it's not a phone

Zane: Please provide the device model number.

Jim: SCH-I905

Zane: Thank you.

...10 minutes later...

Jim: are you still there?

Zane: Yes, please stay online, I am working on provided model number.

...5 minutes later...:'(

Zane: Thank you for hoding.

Zane: I am sorry for the delay.

Zane: As for now there is no such application from Samsung to support device information transfer from device to computer.

Jim: So, I should return this device and get one from Asus or Motorola?

Zane: My apologies, for the inconvenience, please contact our advance technical support they can help with advance tools.

Zane: You can contact our Galaxy Tab voice support team at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) anyday between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m(EST).

Jim: I have already wasted hours trying to performa a basic Androisd function

Jim: and now I have to go to a whole nother group to get an answer

Jim: I think I will return my galaxy nexus as well

Jim: I have no use for this horrible of support

Jim: I spent 30 minutes just going between all of the unanswered articvles on your forum

Jim: this is unacceptable

Zane: I am so sorry, as from provide device model, the tool may be released soon, in near future.

Jim: and you are not able to transfer me to the next level of support?

Jim: I have to call in and waste more time explaining and waiting?

Zane: I am so sorry, current chat support is for basic troubleshooting, as current there is no tool available to support file transfer from device to computer, please try other options like bluetooth,

Zane: Depending on the users feedback the device will be updated with new tool.

Jim: This conversation will be reposted

Jim: this device has been out for months

Jim: there are dozens of unanswered forum posts on your site

Jim: a whole nother company has developed software to solve this problem just because your company has failed

Zane: My apologies, we appreciate your patience, the device tool will be soon updated.

Zane: I am sorry; I couldn't help you fix the issue over the chat. However, is there anything else I might be able to assist you with?

Jim: a refund?

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably because you gave them the Verizon model number and not the Samsung model number. Its totally possible to connect your Tab to your PC, you just need the right drives and not use Kies.

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I can connect to Kies some times but I am no longer able to transfer any file to my GTP7510 or 10.1WIFI with Honeycome not rooted. I have also contacted Sammy support but the only solution they came up with is to do a factory reset. Sick and tired of reseting that doesn't help.

Strangly enough I can connect and transfer files to my wife's GT P6210 7" Plus WIFI using the same computer and version of Kies. I love my GT7510 but when I want to transfer something the love dwindles.

Any roots out there that transfering file is easy? O:)

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and have no issues, the answer is to remove Kies and the drivers from your PC then connect your Tab and let your PC download the drivers but not Kies.

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Removed Kies and the drivers but the Samsung driver remains after on Windows7 even after restarting . When I try to remove again after restarting; Windows7 say driver already removed but it is still listed. Can se GT7510 in Explorer but cannot transfer files. Syncing will start but nothing transfer. Do you have to be for this to work? If so could you point me to the root file you are using?

Thanks

Last edited:

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Use something like CC Cleaner to uninstalling the driver and then go to Samsung Drivers and download the drivers, restart your PC. Then all you should need to do is connect your Tab and browse away and be able to drag & drop.

MaryKroetsch

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have wasted a couple of days trying to figure this out. Chatted live with a Samsung tech this morning who couldn't have been more bored with his job. I was told to download Kies on both the tab and my laptop. Still no connection even through this software. The version on my laptop doesn't even open. He told me to do the drag and drop option I enjoy with any usb connected device, I had to have a memory card. My GT-P7500r model does not have memory card capability. I finally got the right drivers loaded on my PC and they two machines are clearly connected, but I cannot get the tab to show up on my windows hardware menu for the drag and drop feature I wish to enjoy using. I know that there has to be a work around to this problem other then sending files back and forth via emails - which of course works. Does anyone out there know what I have to do to set my laptop up to show the tab in its hardware menu?

xchinovx

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

just got an answer of all u there having problem connecting their Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 on your PC or Laptop.

" NO DOWNLOADS REQUIRED "

Quick STEP:
1. Connect TAB to PC ( with its corresponding USB cord )
2. While its connected ( MTP connected appears on your TAB )
3. GO to Control Panel on your PC ( Find the Devices and printer )
4. while in the " Devices and Printer ( SAMSUNG ANDROID will appear w/ a red marker saying " it has a problem connecting " )
5. Right Click the " SAMSUNG ANDROID " and press the fix problem .
6. then it will automatically fix the problem why your TAB wont connect to your PC ( Just fallow the troubleshoot steps )
7. Then its a rap.

HOPE it will work on you to, just like mine " Work's 100% perfect with no downloads required )

Problem fixed " UPDATE is the Key " :cool:

xchinovx

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
hi ,
have you already fixed your problem on how to connect TAB to PC ?
just posted the quick steps on how to connect it ,
hope it can help u and others who have the same problem..

:)

Said Elsherbiny

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thx i do what u said and the problem solved. now i have another problem with viber. the new version of viber alwayes give an error when i try to call any body

Regards