Keyboard Suggestions in certain apps

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Folks,

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. Frustrating as all get-out.

No matter what keyboard I'm using, in certain apps on my tab I cannot for the life of me get dictionary suggestions to work. One example off the top of my head is MYSMS. No matter what I do, no matter what keyboard I use, no suggestions. Yet I can pop over here to Tapatalk and all works well.

Anybody have any clue what could be up?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What keyboards have you tried? I use Swiftkey and it's fantastic

Swiftkey X is one, Thumbs is another. I can use either one or the default Android OR the Samsung - it doesn't matter. No matter what, certain apps just suppress the suggestions. Makes no sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Swiftkey X and I get the suggestion suppression but I think the cause is the type of field you are completing, sometimes the keyboard switches to have the @... key with the main email types when completing an email address field, other times it doesn't. I would think this is due to the coding of the text box and whether the developer has put the correct tag on the field for the keyboard app to pick up the field type.............if you see what I mean

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Some apps dont support auto complete in the text fields. Its all based on how the developer designs it. Plain and simple.

If it really bothers you, try finding a different SMS app

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Some apps dont support auto complete in the text fields. Its all based on how the developer designs it. Plain and simple.

If it really bothers you, try finding a different SMS app

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I think you've hit right there what may eventually be the thing I need to do. Bummer, too, since I think this one is great.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2