Is that possible? All my searches seem to talk about a single app with a split screen within that app. What I want to do is have a reference source (like an ebook or Bible) on one part of the screen and something like a notepad or blogging app on the other, at the same time. Both functional. Since Android is supposed to multitask, I'm hoping there's a way to do this.
    Muhammad Syafiq likes this.
    04-27-2012 08:09 AM
    I'm not sure if there's a general purpose way to run any apps side by side. The closest I could see are apps specifically being built to run in sort of a 'popup' window that can be resized and moved.

There is a web browser app called OverSkreen that does this. The same developer has built a few other apps that work the same basic way such as a calculator, terminal window.
    04-27-2012 10:06 AM
    For the example you have given this could be achieved by opening the eBook app and then opening the Pen Memo pad from the pop up bar apps when required
    04-27-2012 06:10 PM
    For the example you have given this could be achieved by opening the eBook app and then opening the Pen Memo pad from the pop up bar apps when required
    Great suggestion, as long as I can find a more precise stylus. I have two that are very good (when I remember to use them) for navigating, but not quite precise enough for handwriting.
    04-28-2012 09:45 AM
    Great suggestion, as long as I can find a more precise stylus. I have two that are very good (when I remember to use them) for navigating, but not quite precise enough for handwriting.

Thanks, both of you, for the suggestions.
    04-28-2012 09:46 AM
    If you press the T in Pen Memo you can use the keyboard
    04-28-2012 05:33 PM
    I believe Cyanogenmod 9 will be adding this in (the actual code is from a diff. project but it's open source).
    04-30-2012 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD