Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kraski
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Default Two apps on screen at the same time?

Is that possible? All my searches seem to talk about a single app with a split screen within that app. What I want to do is have a reference source (like an ebook or Bible) on one part of the screen and something like a notepad or blogging app on the other, at the same time. Both functional. Since Android is supposed to multitask, I'm hoping there's a way to do this.
    Muhammad Syafiq likes this.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Re: Two apps on screen at the same time?

I'm not sure if there's a general purpose way to run any apps side by side. The closest I could see are apps specifically being built to run in sort of a 'popup' window that can be resized and moved.

There is a web browser app called OverSkreen that does this. The same developer has built a few other apps that work the same basic way such as a calculator, terminal window.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

For the example you have given this could be achieved by opening the eBook app and then opening the Pen Memo pad from the pop up bar apps when required
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    For the example you have given this could be achieved by opening the eBook app and then opening the Pen Memo pad from the pop up bar apps when required
    Great suggestion, as long as I can find a more precise stylus. I have two that are very good (when I remember to use them) for navigating, but not quite precise enough for handwriting.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    Great suggestion, as long as I can find a more precise stylus. I have two that are very good (when I remember to use them) for navigating, but not quite precise enough for handwriting.

Thanks, both of you, for the suggestions.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

If you press the T in Pen Memo you can use the keyboard

I believe Cyanogenmod 9 will be adding this in (the actual code is from a diff. project but it's open source).