Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sold my tab... buying an ipad.

Just sold my galaxy tab 10.1, which I've had since August (Bought at Staples when it was being offered for $399) for $300.00. I loved the tablet but became frustrated at media video. The video maker was horrible, compared to a video that was shot on an ipad 2. I tried to duplicate the same thing at my son's birth...... couldn't do it. My friend shot an amazing video/presentation on his ipad. Also... and I know this wasn't a big deal for many users in the forum. Samsung Media Hub has not updated their servers in months. So currently the top movie I can purchase/rent is Footloose..... while on the ipad I can purchase the new Mission Impossible movie. (I actually purchased the whole Bourne trilogy... it plays on my Galaxy S2... but won't play on the tab 10.1).

I've NEVER been an apple fan. But from what I see... the device just works... out the box.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Sold my tab... buying an ipad.

Google Play Movies was/is the place to rent or buy movies.
    Pierce09 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'd agree that the iPad is suited for a lot of people right out of the box. Especially with the refinement most of the apps it ships with offers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    MichaelPayton21 likes this.

ROM
    CM7(Nook)

The iPad is not the end all be all, despite what Apple tries to brainwash everyone into thinking. Samsung Media Hub? Is there some reason you didn't rent/purchase movies from Google Play (formerly known as the Android Market) like everyone else? And it's a tablet-if you want to make videos, buy a camcorder. Hope you enjoy the Apple Kool-Aid. Your loss will be someone else's gain.My tablet just works too-and did right out of the box. It's been problem free, and it's a actual tablet computer, not a giant iPod Touch like the iPad.
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I enjoyed my tab for almost 10 months. It was only when I saw the video editing at a wedding and how it was used to make a montage of my son that I knew there was something different about the ipad. He shot the videos... edited within 30 minutes.... and loaded it to share on social media sites. I tried making/editing videos on the tablet.... didn't compare (It's a pain trimming music for the video). I'm not knocking the galaxy... I used it daily. I've been using the ipad 3 for 2 days now.... and since this is an android forum I won't even bother with a review (ok.. one word..... WOW!).

The reason I used samsung media hub, was at the time of purchase, samsung was giving out $20.00 media vouchers. I had about $60.00 worth of credit. I purchased the Bourne Trilogy and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Long story short... I'm not against the galaxy tab..... but right now I am really enjoying the ipad (and the ABC player app..... only for ipad).

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

One of the most pointless threads, why did you even bother?
    Thanked by:
    WordPainter likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    One of the most pointless threads, why did you even bother?
    Freedom of speech.....and to illicit your response.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    MichaelPayton21 likes this.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Freedom of speech is over rated!

Post offered nothing to this forum, it would have been better posted in an iPoo'd forum rather than here
    Thanked by:
    WordPainter likes this.

You know what, i actually registered on this forum to comment on this thread. WOW! You actually sold a tablet that can basically act as a pc replacement for a mega sized ipod touch! To each thier own, but i think Apple is way to controlling in how they deal with thier clientel, not to mention they screen all the apps that make it to the market. Are you serious? If microsoft did that to thier customers I guarantee they wouldnt have the sales they have had. Ive used windows for years, then linux, even tried all the icrap out there, and im sorry but none compare to the little green man. Of course, this is just my opinion, take it for what its worth.
    Thanked by 2:
    Jude526 and WordPainter like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Welcome to the forums. All opinions are welcomed.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

I have the new iPad and it's amazing use it all day everyday

Sent from my BAMF! Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I have the new iPad and it's amazing use it all day everyday

Sent from my BAMF! Rezound via Tapatalk 2
    +1

Sent from my busa!

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

I have an iPad 2 and a SGT 10.1 and love them. One does things better than the other but I still use them both daily. I hope you enjoy the iPad man
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

If you want refined polish strait from the box, iPad...no doubt. If you can work it a little, the tab isn't awefull, it is no iPad, but can do a lot of the stuff to a close degree.

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    Welcome to the forums. All opinions are welcomed.
    Thank god.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Yea I agree that the iPad and Tab both have their plusses and minusses. The iPad for one has a super smooth non-laggy interface, whilst Android allows greater degree of customization/3rd party apps.

My primary Tablet is a Tab, but my dad has an iPad 2. So I'm speaking from experience.

ROM
    OEM Unlock + Root

I wanna see if this is true, I've never tried to record and make a movie from my 10.1 but I would think that the quality would be better then the ipad2(camera specs are better then ipad2).

ROM
    Completely stock...

I too am trying to sell my tab 10.1. I got an original ipad when they came out, and just got a new ipad a few weeks ago. I need the 64 gigs, which the tab doesnt offer

I have my SGT 10.1 since it came out in June 2011. But I've been extremely disappointed by lack of tablet optimized apps compared to Ipad optimized apps. That's why Ipad is the market leader in tablets and will be for a long time.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think the apple products are well engineered and designed, they are great for people who want a open the box and turn it on function. That being said, there isn't 1 in my entire family.... Including siblings and parents. There used to be ipods, but once the owners discovered the evil that is itunes they quickly moved on to other options. I thought about getting an ipad instead of the 10.1, but reading a lot of reviews changed my mind. Too many restrictions on mac products for my liking.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I can understand itunes being looked at as evil. LOL. But so far.... when it comes to information consumption.... i'm really doing a lot more on the ipad (and maybe it's just because it's new to me). My girl now wants one (which may be part of the apple brainwashing....), so I might pick up another one for mother's day.

I'm not anti-android tablet tho'... in fact the xoom is on sale on groupon for $339.. which is a great deal.

The out the box setup has been..... minimal to none. I turned it on.... put in a few bits of personal information... and that was it. The screen on this thing has been amazing

I had an iPad 2 on release day. Within two weeks I went through four and finally went and got my money back and purchased the GT10.1.

The iPad had horrible screen issues and I just couldn't get a decent one. The GT10.1 had no issues except the usual half assed honeycomb. I actually felt the tab worked better once the update with Touchwiz came. That's just me though.

If they release a 7" iPad, I may consider trying it out again. I really did enjoy the app selection on iPad better. Still, who really needs apps when you can do most everything with a fully working browser. Oh, and I can't stand iTunes either. I hate having to install Quicktime on anything. Ugh.

I also bought a 10.1 from Staples last summer when they were on sale. Loved it for months.

Got the new iPad when it came out and love it just as much.

I think the OP's point was that the video editing software on the 10.1 is not as good as the ipads.

They are both great products. But everyone will use them differently. Right now 80% of what i do is web browsing. I use Dolphin on both devices and the web browsing experience is very similar.

I am not an apple fan. I had BB as my first smartphone and made the switch to Android and LOVE it. I recently expanded to the Samsung tab two months ago and love LOVE it. I barely use my laptop but there are work related sites that I do have to use with my laptop. But all in all, am impressed. I love the ease of it and have no problems with it. I have a couple of co-workers who are in awe of it. They want one. Apple is good for one thing....to eat LOL I am glad I have the Samsung Tablet. I did a lot of research. I have a wireless sales background and whatever works. Personal preference. Whatever you use, hope you like it. That's all that matters.....
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    I enjoyed my tab for almost 10 months. It was only when I saw the video editing at a wedding and how it was used to make a montage of my son that I knew there was something different about the ipad. He shot the videos... edited within 30 minutes.... and loaded it to share on social media sites. I tried making/editing videos on the tablet.... didn't compare (It's a pain trimming music for the video). I'm not knocking the galaxy... I used it daily. I've been using the ipad 3 for 2 days now.... and since this is an android forum I won't even bother with a review (ok.. one word..... WOW!).

The reason I used samsung media hub, was at the time of purchase, samsung was giving out $20.00 media vouchers. I had about $60.00 worth of credit. I purchased the Bourne Trilogy and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Long story short... I'm not against the galaxy tab..... but right now I am really enjoying the ipad (and the ABC player app..... only for ipad).
    It really comes down to what meets your needs best. It sounds like the tab did not and the ipad does. Nothing wrong with that. That is the great thing about competition, we have choices. Enjoy your ipad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast