Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC doesn't see Tab 10.1

I've got a Tab 10.1. When I connect it via USB to my laptop, running Vista, it's recognized in Windows Explorer and I can transfer files to and from the tablet.

But when I connect it to my desktop, running Windows 7 64bit, I can't see the tablet. The PC makes its standard sounds when I plug it in or unplug it, so it recognizes that something's happened, but I never see the tablet show up in Windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Default Re: PC doesn't see Tab 10.1

Samsung has a program that connects your device to your computer it's called Kies, it should be able to help you.

Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Odd, though, as I haven't installed that on my laptop.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I run Windows 7 64bit & it shows up on mine. After you plug it in & the sounds all stop, click on "my computer" & it should be there. It is on mine.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

You might need to make sure you have the 64bit drivers installed for the tab. This SHOULD happen automatically, but perhaps its not on your computer.

For the wifi model check here.....

Last edited by pkcable; 05-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

bubbadog, that's what I've been doing, but it doesn't show up.

Rich, that did the trick, thanks. Well, downloading, installing, rebooting, and then disconnecting and reconnecting.

Thanks again.

Thanked by:
    pkcable likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    bubbadog, that's what I've been doing, but it doesn't show up.

Rich, that did the trick, thanks. Well, downloading, installing, rebooting, and then disconnecting and reconnecting.

Thanks again.
    I have needed to do this before. When I first got the Tab, it connected, ran through the install sequence just fine and I was able to explore the Tab in My Computer. More recently, I had a lot of trouble getting it to pick it up. If you do a google search on how to connect the Tab via USB, there is a lot of talk about USB Connections being an option in settings, but its not there anymore. It seems like they took some settings away, I'm not sure if the intention was to make it harder to connect via USB...
    Regardless, I was eventually also able to get it to connect, and I think it was a matter of uninstalling and then reinstalling, so on and so on.
    And regarding Kies, is it just me or will it only work with WiFi, and not USB? WiFi transfers are terrible.

still have not been able to connect thru usb and its really annoying, i hear a sound when i plug in the cord but nothing shows, i've tried going thru all the settings but it still wont work. any ideas?