Any idea when ICS is coming for wifi model?

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought sammy promised us ICS by end of q2? anyone know when ICS is coming for the galaxy tab 10.1? I know there are number of options to get it on there if you root and flash a ics rom, but wondering when the official release is?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering as well. I haven't heard of anything as of late.
Rumors seemed to die off after the Samsung Galaxy 3 has taken the spotlight.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
+1
The Galaxy Tab 10.1 2 or whatever they are calling it was released a few weeks ago and it is almost the same hardware but is running ICS with the latest version of The Whiz. What's the hold up, Sammy?

This is making me consider the Nexus Tablet when it comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I am disappointed an upgrade to ICS has not been pushed out yet. Especially in light of the fact that:

1. The Tab 10.1 is Samsung's "flagship" tablet.
2. A jellybean announcement could be imminent within 3 weeks.

I love the Tab, but I am thinking if Google releases Nexus branded tablets, that is what I will be going with from now on. As my Tab 10.1 is WiFi only, you can't blame the cellphone carriers for this horrible upgrade time.

Reactions: S-Doo-1965

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I hope they aren't using this as a way to get people to purchase the new Tab.
Not pushing out the update, and having users to purchase the new model in order to get ICS, doesn't sit well with me.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Not pushing out the update, and having users to purchase the new model in order to get ICS, doesn't sit well with me.

It's unreasonable for any electronics manufacturer to expect consumers to shell out $400+ each year for slight product upgrades/updates. Unless the products are shiny, white, and have names that start with "i-". Then you have a fan base of loyal sheep who prefer form to function.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's unreasonable for any electronics manufacturer to expect consumers to shell out $400+ each year for slight product upgrades/updates. Unless the products are shiny, white, and have names that start with "i-". Then you have a fan base of loyal sheep who prefer form to function.

It used to be an Apple thing. Now it's made it's way over to Android. People are spending top dollar these days to have the latest and greatest. Check out some of the Android phone forums. People are buying phones left and right off contract in order to have a phone with ICS and 720p display. I can't talk about them too bad, because I'm kind of guilty of doing the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
This is really getting annoying. Samsung announced that ICS was rolling out for Samsung devices over a month ago now. The wifi model has nothing to do with mobile carriers so you can't blame the carriers.
This is a wifi model from Samsung. What is the delay?
The Acer Iconia pushed ICS in April!! Why is Samsung's upgrade support on their own product so poor?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
And this is why I have chosen an HTC phone instead of the Galaxy S3. Maybe they'll clean up their act and properly support the S3, but as an unsatisfied Tab owner, I can only send my message with my wallet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I thought this same thing...I spoke with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi only tech support and he told me that it is slated for OTA release "this year". That's a broad time frame. He gave me this link to go to to check for device updates...

www.samsung.com/us/ICSUpdate

Hopefully it stays updated...

Last edited:

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought this same thing...I spoke with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi only tech support and he told me that it is slated for OTA release "this year". That's a broad time frame. He gave me this link to go to to check for device updates...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...amsung.com%2Fus%2FICSUpdate%2F&token=-alrT8Hp

Hopefully it stays updated...

Ya... That Site has been around for a few months now. On the plus side it has been updated to show the T-Moblie GS2 ICS update but.... On the minus side, if you go to the Samsung Site and look up our Tabs (be it wifi or cellular, 16gb or 32gb) the specs still show that it's on Honeycomb "3.1". Linky: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...axy-tab%2FGT-P7510MAYXAB-specs&token=IsK-Qsbm

Doesn't exactly inspire hope... Just Saying!?!?!

It would be nice to have an official ICS update for or Tabs, if not for anything more than to give the devs something solid to build off of. But until the just root and run a ICS rom like CM9 or something.

Sent From My Galaxy10.1 Class Starship...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc