Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DCG

Default Samsung Loses Round in Federal Court

The fight just got tougher for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 platform. A San Jose federal judge has granted injunctive relief to Apple subject to posting a $2.6 million bond. Expect Samsung to appeal this ruling to federal district court in Washington, D.C.

See ... Judge halts U.S. sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab | Reuters

Default Re: Samsung Loses Round in Federal Court

This is really a case of two problems:
    1. The patents being awarded by the patent office are usually not valid and should never have been awarded
    2. Judges are unable to properly understand software and what's "obvious" and simple despite appearing complex and unique to a non-software person.

Apple wants to have the gambit on everything. They hate competition. I will never own Apple products. They have too much control.
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    DCG

Although I have not read the parties' pleadings in this case, it seems to be more of a form not function argument from Apple. A patent was granted for certain aspects of this "form" but is such a generic form patent enforceable? My notion is that Samsung will ultimately prevail if it perseveres.

In the meantime, Apple will successfully hinder competition in this market space even if the Cupertino campus fails with the merits of its claims in this matter.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Its only on the tab 10.1 and not the other tabs. Doesn't affect us in any way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2