Jelly Bean ROM install

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I download the new JB rom from the XDA post but when I go to install it on my tab it says the installation was aborted. I have never installed a new rom on my tab before but it is rooted. Can anyone give me a walk through on this? or explain what step I am doing wrong?

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Went back and unrooted then rerooted it and now its working fine, I have no clue what was happening before but it seems to be all working normal as of now. Should be booting into jelly bean in a matter of minutes.

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Went back and unrooted then rerooted it and now its working fine, I have no clue what was happening before but it seems to be all working normal as of now. Should be booting into jelly bean in a matter of minutes.

How is it? :D
Are you using the AOSP build or the CM10 build?

I haven't touched my tablet in quite some time. :-\
Still think I am running GalaxyTask lol.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Jelly bean is running very nice. I have been running the cm builds for some time, and this seems just as good reliability wise (no camera), but performs better.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
How is it? :D
Are you using the AOSP build or the CM10 build?

I haven't touched my tablet in quite some time. :-\
Still think I am running GalaxyTask lol.

I've been running CM 10 since Maplesyrup released/ported it. It's got some bugs here and there and the camera doesn't work... But all in all it is PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

I flashed Maplesyrup's AOSP rom the night he released that one to and ran it till CM10 dropped. I wiped cache and davik cache then flashed CM10/Gapps right on top of his AOSP rom. Flashed fine, just had to do a second reboot and.... BANG!!!!!! Like butter.

It has actually made this tablet very attractive again. Yes the camera still doesn't work, and but for me I don't really care about the rear facing camera. It's slow and takes horrible picture. I wouldn't mind having the front camera working for things like the face face unlock feature and maybe Skype.

So far 4.1(CM10) has out shined and out performs every 4.0.x custom rom I've used. From AOSP, AOKP and CM9 nothing can beat CM10. And both CM10 and Maplesyrup's AOSP rom are still "Alfa" roms... I'll bet these roms will be tweaked to almost perfection before Samsung gets around to releasing ICS.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been running CM 10 since Maplesyrup released/ported it. It's got some bugs here and there and the camera doesn't work... But all in all it is PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

I flashed Maplesyrup's AOSP rom the night he released that one to and ran it till CM10 dropped. I wiped cache and davik cache then flashed CM10/Gapps right on top of his AOSP rom. Flashed fine, just had to do a second reboot and.... BANG!!!!!! Like butter.

It has actually made this tablet very attractive again. Yes the camera still doesn't work, and but for me I don't really care about the rear facing camera. It's slow and takes horrible picture. I wouldn't mind having the front camera working for things like the face face unlock feature and maybe Skype.

So far 4.1(CM10) has out shined and out performs every 4.0.x custom rom I've used. From AOSP, AOKP and CM9 nothing can beat CM10. And both CM10 and Maplesyrup's AOSP rom are still "Alfa" roms... I'll bet these roms will be tweaked to almost perfection before Samsung gets around to releasing ICS.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Yeah, I just installed it. 4.1 is smooth. Have CM10 on my Captivate and Tablet now. And then I have Task650's 4.1 AOKP build on my S3 now. It is crazy how good these are only in the alpha stage.

Sent from my phone, there's probably typos.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Is there an official beta build of CM10 for Galaxy Tab 10.1 or is it only XDA forum posts that have those builds?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Is there an official beta build of CM10 for Galaxy Tab 10.1 or is it only XDA forum posts that have those builds?

The actual rom download comes from the normal cm location. Looks official, but just not published by any of the authors. Same as the cm9 builds. Seems fine so far, barring camera, which is not an issue for me on this device.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

prashramani12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Though I am happy my tab has ICS now, I have a craving for some Jellybeans!

All kidding aside, I am considering flashing CM10 to my tablet and I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to be rooted to do this, or can I do it using Odin, the way I updated my tab to the UK ics?

2. Are there any builds that have the camera's working? I actually use my camera and want that working before I flash.

thank you!

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty interested in JBing my tab as well. How well does JB perform on our tabs and are there any builds that are pretty stable with nothing broken?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance