No ICS ever for Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 thats Official

aje99999

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have just spoken to Samsung support in the UK and they have told me there will be no Ice Cream Sandwich ever for the GT-P7510! !! Bit bloody annoying isnt it? You can ring them on 01932 454358 to confirm this. I am not happy! ! Adey

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If they get around to updating, awesome. If not, at least release ICS kernel source so the devs can get the camera working. It's not a big deal though I guess. I can live without the camera. :D

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If they get around to updating, awesome. If not, at least release ICS kernel source so the devs can get the camera working. It's not a big deal though I guess. I can live without the camera. :D

Didn't they release the source of the galaxy Tab 2 (also 10 inch)? Couldn't they adapt it from that?

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Didn't they release the source of the galaxy Tab 2 (also 10 inch)? Couldn't they adapt it from that?

Different hardware. The Galaxy Tab 10.1v had source released (I think) because I heard they got the camera working on ICS. A dev on XDA, Task650 said he was gonna work on getting the camera working, however I think that fell through. :/

EW800#AC

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I know we have to take what Samsung phone reps say with a grain of salt, however I thought I would share that I had to call tech support yesterday to arrange to have my daughters Tab sent back, as she is having the infamous oil spot issue. Toward the end of the call, I asked the rep if he has heard anything about the ICS update for the wifi tab. He said that it will be "toward the end of the year". Frustrating....

cbn4forums

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
At this point I really don't care for ICS... if they are still wasting their engineering money on this, they should just call it a day and work on JB. What is the point of working on this now when JB is out there already? I would be perfectly fine staying on Honeycomb for now and get JB in a few months ..2-3 months. For goodness sake, the Xoom just received JB.

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if our 10.1 will ever get an upgrade but I do know that I will think long and hard before I consider another Samsung tablet. Xoom is getting Jelly Bean already.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just root and flash... I have been running CM10(JB) Preview for almost 2 weeks now, It's amazing!!!

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

tbssawd07

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I need my tabs camera functional and I hear you lose it with a rom? After seeing what ICS did for my Moto Bionic I have no doubt it will make this tab better, but its sad other tabs are already getting Jelly Bean. Not a day goes by I don't kick myself for not trading this in for Asus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar