SamMobile claims they've already received OTA update to ICS!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
They even have a picture!
Samsung start Android 4.0.4 updates Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI GT-P7510 | SamMobile

They have the wifi version.
p7500ICS.jpg

Sadly still no update for me. :(

Reactions: JTYoung1

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just checked a few minutes ago. Still no update. Looking forward to the update. Maybe I will start using my Tab more. Ready to ditch Honeycomb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sparty09

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
That build is only for the United Kingdom. Still no word on the US.

It's for the U.K., but you can flash it on your U.S. Tab and it should work fine. I've never rooted before, but opted to do that and I haven't encountered any real problems. Everything, including the camera, works as intended.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to it. But I don't have problems. Love my tablet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you download the full firware from Sammobile, you shouldn't need to be rooted, just flash in Odin...but I haven't done it.

I wouldn't...believe it's only for 3G and WIFI

I did this since three days ago when the announcement was made. It's been running great. Whole new tab. I just popped it on there through Odin 305. I am not rooted or anything.

Wifi only p7510

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So no one has tried this on a Verizon 4G tab correct?

It says it in the link title and artical... "for the Wifi version only". It may flash and boot just fine... and most likely in will do both fine.

But your 4g Tab will become a Wifi only Tab...

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Last edited:

parabol216

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It says it in the link title and artical... "for the Wifi version only". It may flash and boot just fine... and most likely in will do both fine.

But your 4g Tab will become a Wifi only Tab...

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

can anyone comfirm this? im willing to make my LTE tab wifi only. I dont have a data plan attached to it anyways and never will again. I use my Hotspot for outta the home wifi. So if any one can confirm this would work for the Verizon wireless version that would be just swell!

carloscolon66

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashing your Tab with the UK ROM from Sammobile using ODIN WILL NOT wipe your Tab clean. Flashed mine on the day the update came out and everything was where I left it, the Tab works like a charm and it only took three minutes. When the US update comes out, flash the Tab again...

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Could you post instructions for those that have never done it? Where do you get ODIN, exactly which rom from where, etc?