SamMobile claims they've already received OTA update to ICS!

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
What exactly are the differences between the UK version that's out and the USA vision that's coming?

I just found out what happens with the UK version- everything comes out in Gaelic. I just got an email from a friend, but it was translated into the following Galic gibberish:

When aye gae to say may killy Cairn
'tis the fall of dew a chairny bairn
Tillibill tillibill tillibill tuleep
And all men say indeedy

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
updated mine the other day and everything works great. Trying Swype now and it works well.only issue there is no cursor to show where you are writing.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just found out what happens with the UK version- everything comes out in Gaelic. I just got an email from a friend, but it was translated into the following Galic gibberish:

When aye gae to say may killy Cairn
'tis the fall of dew a chairny bairn
Tillibill tillibill tillibill tuleep
And all men say indeedy

Something must be set wrong then. I installed the update, and it works perfect. Everything is in English including all new email I've received. Check your language settings.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Something must be set wrong then. I installed the update, and it works perfect. Everything is in English including all new email I've received. Check your language settings.

Speaking of language settings, is english UK only or is there also an option for US english.

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded everything, followed instructions, nothing happened. Everything still the same.. Either instructions aren't clear enough or I just don't understand. Guess I will wait for OTA.

The instructions sort of exclude the part where you need to hit the volume up button once you're in download mode. You get a bunch of scary warnings and you have to choose to proceed.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
The instructions sort of exclude the part where you need to hit the volume up button once you're in download mode. You get a bunch of scary warnings and you have to choose to proceed.

Thanks. I would have given up on the connection if I hadn't seen that. Just waiting for my applications to reinstall.

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Did that too. Still nothing. How does Odin know where the firmware is? I think there may be a lot of "assumptions" that you already know what to do & how to do it.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Did that too. Still nothing. How does Odin know where the firmware is? I think there may be a lot of "assumptions" that you already know what to do & how to do it.

ODIN and the firmware are supposed to be in the same folder. After you check the PDA checkbox, click the button next to it and it will let you select the right file. In this case, there's only one to select. I did the Volume[+] tap after that and all went as it should. Or, being a UK version, it "worked a treat". :D

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't. You need to browse to it. After you download the file, and you have to extract it to a folder. Know where it is extracted to (desktop is usually easy to find) and browse to it with odin. The instructions should be clear that you. If you're having issues understanding it, I would have to assume you should ask a friend to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: WordPainter

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't. You need to browse to it. After you download the file, and you have to extract it to a folder. Know where it is extracted to (desktop is usually easy to find) and browse to it with odin. The instructions should be clear that you. If you're having issues understanding it, I would have to assume you should ask a friend to help you.

I thought I was asking a "friend" on here. It is in a folder and extracted. I don't see in Odin how to "browse" to find it. I know some of us aren't as smart as you might be that is why I was asking for step by step instructions on what & how to do it. Instead all I got was links to go to and no real help.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was asking a "friend" on here. It is in a folder and extracted. I don't see in Odin how to "browse" to find it. I know some of us aren't as smart as you might be that is why I was asking for step by step instructions on what & how to do it. Instead all I got was links to go to and no real help.

There's a button in Odin that's labeled "PDA".
Tap that button, and you will then get a browse window.
From there, browse to where you saved the firmware file and select the file.

Reactions: bubbadog

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry that came across the way it did. I didn't mean any offense. I was "multitasking" and didn't proof read my post for the intended tone.
I was sincerely trying to help. I know most people aren't as familiar with these things as others. The instructions appeared to be clear to me but weren't to you. I get that. I'm sure you're better than me on a whole bunch of other things. I get that too.
I was suggesting that you got someone in person with you to walk you through the instructions because there is a chance you could "brick" your tablet. That would really suck. I would feel bad for encouraging you.
I hope you're cool with me. I didn't mean any offense. I hope you got the update. If not, I'll try to provide some useful suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12