Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Default A couple of app questions

I just upgraded to 4.0.4 UK version. But I have a couple of questions.

1) After seeing some launcher recommendations, I added ADW EX launcher. Until I accidentally set the built in launcher as default, I could choose which one on the fly. I've been exploring, trying to reset that back to the way it was. And not finding anything. How do I do that?

2) I was looking forward to being able to use Google Now and Google Wallet, but they're not showing up in Play. Is there a way I can get them? Or don't they work right on the Tab with ICS?

Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Default Re: A couple of app questions

Go to manage apps, find ADW and unclick set as default.

A simple Google search would have told you Google Now is Jellybean only.

Google Wallet only works on a few phones.

Even easier, but download homesmack from play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by Sue7M3 View Post
    Go to manage apps, find ADW and unclick set as default.

A simple Google search would have told you Google Now is Jellybean only.

Google Wallet only works on a few phones.
    It's actually the normal launcher that I had accidentally set as default.

I didn't realize Google Wallet was so limited in what it would work on. But I thought I had seen somewhere that one of the geekier types had extracted Google Now from Jellybean and had it running correctly on ICS. Maybe I'll check xda-developers on that one.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    Even easier, but download homesmack from play store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks. Perfect solution. I meant to reply sooner, but it's kind of difficult when you have a localized 8 hour power outage.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    It's actually the normal launcher that I had accidentally set as default.

I didn't realize Google Wallet was so limited in what it would work on. But I thought I had seen somewhere that one of the geekier types had extracted Google Now from Jellybean and had it running correctly on ICS. Maybe I'll check xda-developers on that one.
    You can do the same just look for TW Launcher instead.

Yes XDA would be the place to check. They rock.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

You can do the same just look for TW Launcher instead.

Yes XDA would be the place to check. They rock.
    Homesmack turns out to be easier then hunting down the launchers.

When I was rocking several WM phones, I practically lived on xda-developers. I was one of the regular guinea pigs for an Android-like UI called AndroKidd. And I got my first taste of Android from some of the xda-developer builds that could be loaded onto the sd card and booted into from WM. Now, if they made one of those for the Blackberry Torch....

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Homesmack turns out to be easier then hunting down the launchers.

When I was rocking several WM phones, I practically lived on xda-developers. I was one of the regular guinea pigs for an Android-like UI called AndroKidd. And I got my first taste of Android from some of the xda-developer builds that could be loaded onto the sd card and booted into from WM. Now, if they made one of those for the Blackberry Torch....
    Blackberry sucks so bad these days it's not funny.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Blackberry sucks so bad these days it's not funny.
    Well, no, it doesn't make my coffee in the morning. But I do a lot of email, I have about 30 people I can do real time communications with via BBM, my 9810 has solid network connections for calls, call quality is excellent on both ends, the OS7.1 hotspot works very well in those few instances I'm not around free wifi. All the apps that are important to me are the same ones I have on my Tab. So, since we both have Galaxy Tabs, saying that my 9810 "sucks so bad these days it's not funny" is saying our Tabs suck. Especially since there are some things I can do better and faster on the 9810. But no 10" screen. I'll assume that's a subjective determination, but I'm not sure you've ever used any of the newer BBs.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Well, no, it doesn't make my coffee in the morning. But I do a lot of email, I have about 30 people I can do real time communications with via BBM, my 9810 has solid network connections for calls, call quality is excellent on both ends, the OS7.1 hotspot works very well in those few instances I'm not around free wifi. All the apps that are important to me are the same ones I have on my Tab. So, since we both have Galaxy Tabs, saying that my 9810 "sucks so bad these days it's not funny" is saying our Tabs suck. Especially since there are some things I can do better and faster on the 9810. But no 10" screen. I'll assume that's a subjective determination, but I'm not sure you've ever used any of the newer BBs.
    Um, I've been a BB user for years. Stuck with OS6 thanks to Sprint. I love how it handles email, can't stand the lag, crappy web browsing, and horrible selection of apps. I am probably moving to the Samsung Galaxy III in December when my upgrade comes up.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS -- US release

Um, I've been a BB user for years. Stuck with OS6 thanks to Sprint. I love how it handles email, can't stand the lag, crappy web browsing, and horrible selection of apps. I am probably moving to the Samsung Galaxy III in December when my upgrade comes up.
    Sprint does have the 9930. That's OS7 and the 9930 is said to have the best keyboard of all the BBs. And, having gone from a 9800 to a 9810, I can vouch that there's a huge difference between OS6 and OS7. As for app selection, I've got pretty much everything I need on mine. Even to the point where I started removing stuff because wanting a particular app/function turned out to be very different from what I actually use. I just couldn't see taking up space with things I might want, but in reality never used. But your needs may be different than mine.