ICS is here!!!

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
While I had tried Kies in the past with no luck, I tried again.
I read that doing a reset solved the no connect problem.
I did a reset in anticipation of the update, and sure enough my tab connected.
Did the update and so far all seems well.
The issues I had after flashing ICS seem to be gone.

zendevar

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Trying to update via my device, it says it's up to date. Kies indicates there's an update, but it crashes every time it tries to install it. I'm in Louisiana.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone flashed the UK version before this? If so, notice any differences between the UK and the US version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GrapeApe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Got tired waiting and just downloaded Kies and updated that way. So if you are impatient like me you don't have to wait. While the install of Kies did take a bit of time the update was quick and smooth. Now all I've got to do is spend some time setting up all my screens again.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I snagged the 4.0.4 update via Kies a couple hours ago.

I like it, but I have to say it doesn't have the look & feel of "pure Google" ICS. There are some things I like about TouchWiz, but more things that I don't like. Oh well - don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? It's gotta be better than stock Honeycomb.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone flashed the UK version before this? If so, notice any differences between the UK and the US version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see an update available. The US version is 4.0.4 and kernel 3.1.10, just like the UK version. But the rest of the kernel info indicates the US version might be slightly newer and the build number is slightly different. I'm not sure if that's enough for the US build to be seen as an update or not. I like the UK build, though. Definitely snappier than 3.2.

Reactions: ChuckeeDroid

Kutuzov13

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
That would be my luck. I'm in OBX for vacation. Got the same "no update" message. Asked a friend back in NJ if he got update yet. Will post for that region when I here back.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol