ICS is here!!!

smoerbe#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It took me a couple of hours of dorking with Kies to get ICS to install correctly. After a factory reset (not sure if it helped) and multiple firmware emergency recoveries...it finally completed.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No OTA update so I am trying Kies and I constantly get a message that the operation timed out. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Kies software and even made sure to check for updates to the Kies software and I am all up-to-date. This is pissing me off. I am on attempt 14 right now. 68% is as close as I have gotten.

Here is what happened for me. I used KIES and experienced a timeout error. It turned out windows was asking if I wanted allow the program to run. Once I cllowed it to run it did not time out. Hope yhis helps.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to call Samsung about a different issue and she asked of I got the update yet! Its being rolled out in increments. I am not worried. Will have it soon

sent from my Rezound

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I did get a Windows prompt for permission and click on it each time but that isn't doing much for me. I just got down chatting with Samsung and they told me that there is no update available for my G-Tab 10.1 even though I am prompted to update it when it's connected to my computer with Kies running.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I hate this intermittent rollout stuff Sammie does. I have no patience to begin with and we've been waiting forever and a day for ICS to get here.

Seriously.... Smh!!!

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get kies to see my tab (not rooted) no matter what I tried. The drivers work, as windows sees it fine. Kies sees my GS3 fine. I just gave up and will just have to be patient until the OTA is available in my area. I'm in northern California.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it here in Michigan right after midnight and the update was available. I guess I was just on the list for Tuesday instead of Monday....or however they do that. Downloading now!

blindturtle37

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I checked this morning and it wasn't available, so I logged onto Kies and I was able to get it.
First I had to update my Kies software on my desktop. When I plugged in my tab, it told me a "firmware update" was available. I ran that and it upgraded me to ICS. I had no problems. My neighbor has opted to wait for the ota, and is so far still waiting.

Comments so far:
1) ICS is buttery smooth and has megafast response times compared to honeycomb. You know how frustrating trying to drag icons could be on honeycomb.
2) The face unlock feature isn't included in this build. A little disappointed there. I'm sure they had their reasons.
3) When you get done with your update, all the app icons and widgets on your homescreen will be gone. You will need to start from scratch, so budget some time for that.
4) When doing the Kies update, your desktop won't show that your tablet is connected after you start the update. It is. Don't worry. Just be patient. Eventually you'll see Andy on your screen, then after the progress bars fills, you'll see some cool Andy animations, then it will reboot into ICS, and you'll be totally excited, and then you'll wait about ten long minutes while it optimizes all your apps, then, finally the long wait will be over.

You will accidentally hit "zero" instead of "enter" every single time you enter your unlock pin because they have been translocated. I'll be used to it in a week, I'm sure.

I feel like I got a new tab! Loving it.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the update OTA thus afternoon after turning on my tab for the first time in a week. I only used it for 10 minutes before getting busy it work, but in those 10 minutes I could tell it was much smoother / faster. Can't wait to play with it more.

Sent from my HTC Vigor.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Comments so far:
3) When you get done with your update, all the app icons and widgets on your homescreen will be gone. You will need to start from scratch, so budget some time for that.

That's not true at all. When I updated using the UK version I didn't lose a thing, not even my wallpaper.

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Got the OTA a little while ago and have been playing around with it. Installed chrome and nova launcher. Everything seems smoother.

I have noticed one issue, it no longer seems to see the 5Ghz band Wi-Fi. Nothing shows up in the Wi-Fi analyzer app (neither mine nor my neighbors), and the saved ones I have show as not in range. The 2.4Ghz band is fine. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my update last night. Checked a few times on my tab with no luck. Then connected to my computer via kies and found the update on kies. Updated within 10 minutes and my tab feels like a brand new tab. Quick, responsive and just refreshed. Its long overdue but welcome. Thanks sammy

isisblue4619

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Maine and when I check for update it keeps saying "check for update is not available at this time"? What is up with that? I'm still running Gingerbread but I have the chance to switch to the SG2. Anybody have any advice on which I should keep the Atrix 2 or the SG2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar