ICS is here!!!

MrBratt

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I performed my daily ritual this morning checking for updates on my WiFi only Galaxy Tab 10.1" (GT-P7510). Unlike every other day that ends in disappointment, this time there's an update! A 250+MB download that is said to update it to Android 4.0 (ICS)!

It's downloading now - I'm both excited and nervous (read: the first 3.2 update).

Mike

Reactions: ashishb

MrBratt

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I had to leave so I could go to work, but what I've noticed was i was unable to login to my Samsung account and the icon for Play Movies is an Android icon with SD card image on it. Also, in what sequence are the applications sorted? They used to be listed in alphabetic order, they now look all jumbled up.

I can't wait to get home and try it some more!

EDIT - I figured out you can arrange your apps in any order (if you want) or you can alphabetize them. Still having an issue with not being able to sign in to my Samsung Account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

reg67

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I must try updating mine this.evening when I get in from work.

Is this avail to everybody or region dependent?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Those that have it, how is it running? Any bugs you've noticed yet? Let us know your general thoughts on the update. Thanks.

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
When I checked after reading MrBratt's post, it was available.
Did a reset so as to get a nice, clean update.
Now when I check, not available.
Strange.
Will check my wifes's tab and see what's up.

pizza5

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if we post it by region this will give us a better handle. If no one where I live is getting it then I'll just have to be a grownup and wait. If others are getting it where I live then I might react differently and take further unspecified action.
For instance I have tried all morning and get the same message "No Update Available" . I am in North Carolina.
Does anyone know where or how it might be available as a separate download that we could install ourselves?

Last edited:

Jacksmyname

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if we post it by region this will give us a better handle. If no one where I live is getting it then I'll just have to be a grownup and wait. If others are getting it where I live then I might react differently and take further unspecified action.
For instance I have tried all morning and get the same message "No Update Available" . I am in North Carolina.
Does anyone know where or how it might be available as a separate download that we could install ourselves?

I'm in South Carolina (hi neighbor).
Update was available a few hours ago, now it's not.
Also checked my wife's tab, same.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I performed my daily ritual this morning checking for updates on my WiFi only Galaxy Tab 10.1" (GT-P7510). Unlike every other day that ends in disappointment, this time there's an update! A 250+MB download that is said to update it to Android 4.0 (ICS)!

It's downloading now - I'm both excited and nervous (read: the first 3.2 update).

Mike

I get server error message. Same as the past few days. Location Cincinnati,OH :( WIFI ONLY VERSION)
Just remembered, when the razr maxx update was released I got a similar message. After a FDR the update worked. Don't know if this will work on tablet.

Last edited:

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Finished downloading and installed about an hour ago, Virginia. No issues so far, seems to be running smoothly.

DubbleSixx

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my update this morning as well. Downloaded it and the installation was flawless for me. It is about time! Very happy now!!

"16GB WIFI edition in Houston, TX"

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Green Bay WI, got mine this morning @ 6:30. Update took a long time, but it was worth it. Chrome runs very smooth, screen rotation is nice and smooth. Haven't noticed any problems yet. I'll do some more testing after work tonight.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I get server error message. Same as the past few days. Location Cincinnati,OH :( WIFI ONLY VERSION)
Just remembered, when the razr maxx update was released I got a similar message. After a FDR the update worked. Don't know if this will work on tablet.

Did FDR now get software update not available instead of server error message :(

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Does look like it is by region based on posts. Maybe by serial#?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie